What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Which one, by the looks...

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Which one, by the looks...
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Which one, by the looks...
If you are going for something fashionable, the iPod is more than a music player, it is a fashion accessory, I highly suggest the iPod, the Nano is not too good for storage (if you have alot of music) :P

Edit: The Sansa looks nice, but the storage is awful. Even more reason for me to bum off the iPod.

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 07:01 PM by absorbation.
09-26-2006 06:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Which one, by the looks...
The reason I'm picking these two is because:

[list=1][*]The ipod nano is too small
[*]The only NEW ipod mini I found was pink
[*]The ipod video costs to much (these two have video)
[*]The Batteries in any ipod seem to mess up after a while
[/list]

Now out of the two, let's compare:

Camnex:
Battery Life      10 Hours
Internal Memory      20GB
Internal Memory Format     Hard Drive*
Media Compatibility      MP3, WMA, 3GP, MP3 Of VBR Format
Product Warranty      1 Year
Product Weight     138 g

SanDisk:
Battery Life       Up To 20 Hours
Internal Memory       2GB
Internal Memory Format     Flash*
Media Compatibility       MP3, WMA, JPEG, AVI, MPEG4
1 Year Parts & Labour
Product Weight      27 g

quote:
Hard drive players are generally larger and can be prone to skipping with extreme jostling. They also have a much larger capacity and hold a lot more music. Flash drives are smaller and more compact and are totally skip-free as there are no moving parts. They hold less muisc, but play skip-free, even through the most strenuous activity.

So we have to take in consideration, Battery life, internal memory, Internal memory format (really important, I don't want skipping), media compatibility (somewhat important), the warranty is equal, and the product wait. There is a HUGE difference. :S

As well, the simplicity of the buttons seems better on the SanDisk (more buttons, but it makes a lot more sense what does what). I'm thinking probably the SanDisk...

This post was edited on 09-27-2006 at 12:27 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-27-2006 12:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
Ok, So sticking with SanDisk vs. Camnex (never heard of them btw)

Micro-hd based players are much more prone to failure and problems. That note about skipping is a load of crap just FYI.

The SanDisk has had great reviews and people seem to love it. It's perfect for MUSIC. Do you honestly want to watch videos on a tiny 1.8" screen? I watch videos on my iPod with Video Support all the time but honestly the 2.5" screen is on the small side for videos.

Now, The Nano is only thinner then the Sandisk, It's about 40% thiner, the other dimensions are almost identical (off by 0.1 inches). The Battery lasts longer and the SanDisk is going to encounter the same issues as every other electronic device with a built in non-user servicable battery. It will die at some point, iPod's have had more then their fair share of complaints because they are slightly higher priced and they have a much larger user base so there are more people to complain at the slightest problem.

And, the 2gb only comes in Silver, not available in pink (acording to apple).

Now I know I come off sounding like an apple fan boy here, but to be perfectly honest, I'm on my second iPod (sold the first one to upgrade to the video as it makes for great entertainment for my three year old neice) and I've never had a problem with it. If you dont like iTunes you can install iPod linux on it and drag and drop music on there like most other devices.

Now, for those of you spamming the thread with "iPods suck", Do it again and you'll be banned for the day.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
09-27-2006 02:49 AM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
San Disk.

iPods suck.
09-27-2006 02:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
Well they do... But still id go for the sandisk. Looks better.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6711 days, 21 minutes, 36 seconds ago
09-27-2006 02:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by wj

Now, for those of you spamming the thread with "iPods suck", Do it again and you'll be banned for the day.
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
09-27-2006 03:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Which one, by the looks...
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
the only reason i didnt get the sandisk before was cuz the max space u cud get was 6 gigs (because its flash mem, which is also more expensive than hds). if they had an hd in there with atleast 20 gigs it wud be one of the best players i've ever seen ;)

They're all flash memory because SanDisk has always been a flash memory producer.

I'd go for the Sandisk, unless you really need the larger storage space of the Camnex. You can get Sansas up to 8 GB (don't know about the price). Remember though that the Camnex has hard disk technology, which is much more fragile by it's nature. Also, I've never heard of Camnex, so even if it was a flash disk player, I'd expect the SanDisk to be more durable. Also, the Sansa has UMS (plug it in, it shows as USB Mass Storage, save your stuff to it, unplug it, your music works), check whether or nor the Camnex works that way, or whether it will need special drivers and you to install it's own software to add music to it.

quote:
Originally posted by wj
[Image: 10079787.gif]
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?l...079787&catid=23473

$10 cheaper :-p
Yeah and 10 times suckier.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
09-27-2006 05:38 AM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rav0

Backup the claim, All you guys have said is "It Sucks".

So it doesnt have an FM Tuner and a slightly smaller screen.

What else? Lack of video support? Pff. on that size screen, I wouldnt watch videos anyways.

I guess the reliablity, longer battery life, wider selection of accessories, and great design just dont count for much these days if they are missing trivial features.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
09-27-2006 03:13 PM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Which one, by the looks...
quote:
Originally posted by wj
quote:
Originally posted by rav0

Backup the claim
Okie-doke. It's got no video support, no radio, low quality screen, less reliable, shorter batter life per charge, less charge cycles from a battery irreplaceable (by user) battery, less-compatible accessories (for example, a mini FM transmitter that will take any analog input is $30, an eqivalant iPod accessory is twice the cost, and will only work with iPod, only while Apple uses the same massive dock connector).

Above all else, no UMS.

This post was edited on 09-27-2006 at 11:59 PM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
09-27-2006 11:56 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Which one, by the looks...
quote:
Originally posted by wj
guess the reliablity, longer battery life
I seriously doubt the battery life. Anyway, as I've said, ipod is not a choice for me. I don't want it. It's too expensive for me for so little space. I'll go with the SanDisk. Thanks everyone!
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-28-2006 12:50 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: