What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Problems with pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra

Problems with pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra
Author: Message:
Zeh

DC 4 EVER!

35 / Male / –
O.P. Problems with pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra
Can anyone help me? I'm on a Acer aspire 1640 with a pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra drive. I'm having a real bad time writing cd's. It starts writing and for some reason it always stops the writing, ruins the cd and it does this at any speed with any kind of cd(audio, data, etc). I've tryed many speeds and many programs(alchool 120, clone cd, nero, i even tryed windows media player and the internal windows recorder). Could this be the drivers or the firmware or do you guys supose my drive is broken?
[Image: Zeh.png][Image: x copy.jpg]
| Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester | Windows Live Mail Beta Tester |
10-01-2006 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: Problems with pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra
quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
It starts writing and for some reason it always stops the writing, ruins the cd and it does this at any speed with any kind of cd(audio, data, etc). I've tryed many speeds and many programs(alchool 120, clone cd, nero, i even tryed windows media player and the internal windows recorder). Could this be the drivers or the firmware or do you guys supose my drive is broken?
There usually aren't any specific drivers for optical drives, just the Windows ATAPI driver.  You can apply a firmware update if one is available, that won't hurt (but probably won't help either).

I'd suggest you also try the following:

- Change Windows power management to "Always On" (Control Panel, Power Options).

- Defragment your hard drive. 

- Have you noticed a slowdown of the computer lately?  If yes, it might be worth scanning for viruses and spyware.

- Try a couple different brands of media.
10-01-2006 04:31 PM
Zeh

DC 4 EVER!

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Problems with pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra
Thanks but I already have always on option, I defraged the hard drive recently and actually my computer is running faster lately(duo to the recent defrag). And I discovered one program that doesn't cause errors so often. Discjuggler at 4x actually records most of the times I tryed with sucsess.
10-01-2006 04:36 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
go to device manager, view > show hidden devices, under 'Non plug and play' do you have anything to do with StarForce?

http://www.glop.org/starforce/detect.php
10-01-2006 04:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zeh

DC 4 EVER!

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Problems with pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k16ra
Nope, no starforce.
10-01-2006 04:58 PM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Try following these golden rules of burning. Use ImgBurn.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
10-02-2006 05:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
I have a pioneer dvdrw dvr-k15.
I had heaps of trouble burning any type of information whether it be data, music, video etc when i first got it. It would stop during the burn process with write errors etc no matter what type or brand of media i used. and resulted in alot of drink coasters being made. I searched for ages and i think even asked on these forums but couldnt get to the bottom of it.
In the end i rang compaq/HP help support line because that was the brand of the laptop. I spoke to a foreign woman which was very hard to understand but very helpful in the end. She got me to go through and disable/uninstall the drive from the laptop so that it was no longer recognised. i was kind of worried about doing this as she told me but turned out she knew what she was talking about. I had to restart a few times if i recall and then the drive was detected and configured as new.
Working great ever since and I have literally burned hundreds of cds/dvd with next to no problems..
This was in january so its a bit of a struggle remembering the exact steps she lead me through but im sure some one else on these forums may be able to offer some advice..

Hope that helps, good luck
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
10-02-2006 06:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: