What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Photoshop Issue

Photoshop Issue
Author: Message:
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Photoshop Issue
OK so here's the problem.

I got a Photoshop 6 CD from my cousin a while ago and installed it on my PC. It worked fine, no problems at all.

Then a couple of weeks ago I upgraded my computer (including a new HDD and a fresh install of Windows XP) but after installing Photoshop on this "new" computer, whenever I try do stuff it freezes for a few seconds at a time.

I click a button and then the whole program just stops responding for a few seconds - this can be caused by anything, and even just task switching back into Photoshop can cause it sometimes. It sometimes as well as freezing does that dodgy windows XP whiteing out the controls thing, until it unfreezes again, at which point I can carry on working.

Now, I was wondering if anyone had any similar experience and could help me out, or maybe offer suggestions as to why it may be doing this?

I'm running on Win XP Pro SP2 with an AMD Athlon 64 3200 @ 2.01Ghz with 1GB PC3200 RAM

Any help is greatly appreciated and if you need any other info just ask :)

Just another thing; I tried it and got the problem before I'd even set up a connection to the internet, so I doubt it's a virus or spyware.

;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
10-02-2006 09:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: Photoshop Issue
If you have the disk, try reinstalling, that seems to fix a lot of problems that I haven't seen other solutions for :P ... but use that as a last resort :wink:
10-02-2006 10:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: