What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » About contact list

About contact list
Author: Message:
Ooz

O.P. About contact list
I'd like to know if is it possible to create a script or a patch that do this:

I have to much contacts in my contact list, so I'd like to scroll up or down the less possible... so I had an idea of spliting the contact list to take the whole window
Ex.:
Instead of contacts appear
-Joe
-Mary
-Paul
-David
-Chloe

It could do so like this:

-Joe    - Paul    -Chloe
-Mary  - David  -...

can you understand? sorry about my english...
09-19-2006 09:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: About contact list
I've never seen any patches that move the contacts and I doubt a script could do that. So I doubt it would be able to be made. Sorry.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-19-2006 09:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: About contact list
More than one column? Well most likely not. The listbox is windowless, meaning everything it does is defined by a function in the Messenger files. (it is possible in C++ to write a header file for this and use the controls, but I don't know how :P its complicated). Since this is not used anywhere in Messenger, it is likely that there is no function to make the listbox have multiple columns.

Even if there was, this would be a very big project...and also, how are you going to be able to see contact info on multiple lines? the icon, nickname, and psm usually take up a whole line (unless you disable PSMs)...
09-19-2006 09:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ooz

O.P. RE: About contact list
The problem wouldn't, actually, be they way you are going to see contact info or nickname or psms... if it were bigger than it should be it was just define some limit characters so, its substitued by reticence
I didn't know that it was so difficult to make...
The function I've seen is that for people who have too many contacts and like it displayed by groups, would not have to scroll up and down everytime... (of course, having a nice screen resolution)
10-05-2006 04:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: