What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » desencrypt

desencrypt
Author: Message:
jonjac_jonjac

O.P. desencrypt
I will appreciate if someone can help me. When I want to read my encrypted files I write in the password and the file remains locked. Besdies all text files I receive when i try to read these I get a message these have been ecrypted by Messenger Plus. How can I deal with this? Whoever helps me let me ask for easy instructions since I am no big computer gene. Thank you! John[font=Arial][size=2][color=blue]
10-03-2006 08:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
RE: desencrypt
There is no way to decrypt these files, if that would be possible what is the point of encrypting it? :)
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
10-03-2006 09:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
There is no way to decrypt these files, if that would be possible what is the point of encrypting it? :)

That is not completely true... you could use a dictonairy attack to try and guess the password...
But if your password is decent... you might aswell give up...
10-03-2006 12:11 PM
jonjac_jonjac

O.P. RE: desencrypt
Thanks guys. Maybe I am all wrong, pls clarify this for me. I understood that when you encrypted a file with using your password you could desencrypt the file to read it entering the password. I have my password. If you encrypt a file then you can never read it again. Is that the intention? Thanks for your patience.
10-03-2006 07:34 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by jonjac_jonjac
Thanks guys. Maybe I am all wrong, pls clarify this for me. I understood that when you encrypted a file with using your password you could desencrypt the file to read it entering the password. I have my password. If you encrypt a file then you can never read it again. Is that the intention? Thanks for your patience.
If you use the correct password then you should be able to decrypt the log using plus. However, if you are sure you are using the right password, and the log still wont decrypt then the file could be corrupted, in which case there is no way to retrieve the data.
10-03-2006 07:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jonjac_jonjac

O.P. RE: desencrypt
how can  I uninstall the encryption?
10-03-2006 07:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites