What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Show invisible buddies

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Show invisible buddies
Author: Message:
endsub

O.P. Huh?  Show invisible buddies
Hello, can i get a script which show all invisible buddies ? thanks so much :$
10-10-2006 04:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Show invisible buddies
Sorry this is not possible as the WLM servers don't allow it and  it would be invasion of privacy. And more over would you like someone to find out that you are appearing offline? No? So thats the reason.
10-10-2006 04:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
endsub

O.P. RE: Show invisible buddies
Ok, i understand, but there is such program in Yahoo, so i thought that could have in MLM too, what about MSN ? can i do such thing in MSN ( not ony with scripts ) :D
10-11-2006 01:05 PM
Silentdragon

if(life==null && wrists) EmoAlert();

34 / Male / –
No, as the server sends the same message of Appear Offline users and Offline users. It's a straight act of invasion of privacy.
10-11-2006 01:09 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by endsub
Ok, i understand, but there is such program in Yahoo, so i thought that could have in MLM too, what about MSN ? can i do such thing in MSN ( not ony with scripts ) :D
no, based on the way the protocal and the servers are designed, there is absolutly no way to see if somebody has blocked you or is "apper offline" mode, any program claiming to do so, is ether a virus or just doesn't work

:)
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6658 days, 17 hours, 43 minutes, 26 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
10-11-2006 01:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Cartox

+1

37 / Male / Flag
i use Live Notifier, when i change my dp
and i get a a notification from someone who is offline, i know that he/she is apearing offline.
it has worked several times
[Image: cartoxbanr.jpg]

The statement below is True.
The statement above is False.
10-11-2006 02:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Live notifier rarely works and just because you get a message saying that blabla has opened a conversation with you, it isn't always true. sometimes it can be a simple error happening in the script.
10-11-2006 02:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by JimboDude
Live notifier rarely works and just because you get a message saying that blabla has opened a conversation with you, it isn't always true. sometimes it can be a simple error happening in the script.
Though, using session notifiers to detect packages comming from contacts who are offline is possible.

HOWEVER, and it is a BIG however!: Not all offline contacts' messengers will respond to something you do.

Note 1) "something you do": this means it is not only when you change your DP, there are many more things which could trigger such a response from a contact's messanger. Such a response can even come without you doing anything.

Note 2) "Not all": this means you can not use this trick and make the opposite conclussion. In other words: when an offline contact's messenger does not respond to such events, you can not come to the conclussion that the contact is realy offline; he/she can still be appearing offline!.

Thus as Cartox has said:
quote:
Originally posted by Cartox
i use Live Notifier, when i change my dp and i get a a notification from someone who is offline, i know that he/she is apearing offline. it has worked several times
but it also will not work on other times. And he can not know, or can't come to the conclussion, if he/she is realy offline when he doesn't get a notification.

This post was edited on 10-11-2006 at 11:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-11-2006 11:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
endsub

O.P. RE: RE: Show invisible buddies
So can i get a program which appear invisible buddies or show me who blocked me for older version of msn, i did try with status checker but it doesnt work because Microsoft had fixed this problem |-)
11-12-2006 10:08 PM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
Actually, I also have the Live Notifier, and it does actually say that so and so has opened your convo window when they are online, but appear offline to you. I have tested this by going to another computer, and blocking myself, also, it has worked for people appearing offline cause i asked if they were there, and they said "yeah, how did you know" I never get notifications for people who are truely offline.
[Image: userbar687312to.gif]
11-12-2006 11:30 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: