What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Show invisible buddies

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Show invisible buddies
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Show invisible buddies
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
ctually, I also have the Live Notifier, and it does actually say that so and so has opened your convo window when they are online, but appear offline to you. I have tested this by going to another computer, and blocking myself, also, it has worked for people appearing offline cause i asked if they were there, and they said "yeah, how did you know" I never get notifications for people who are truely offline.

Yeah, the thing is as cookie says that you cant conclude the opposite...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
11-13-2006 01:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
indeed
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
I never get notifications for people who are truely offline.
but you also will not get notifications for certain contacts who _are_ appearing offline.
So it's not because you don't get a notification that those people are truely offline, they still can be "appearing offline".

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 01:57 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-13-2006 01:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
howthey

One question. One time my open window notifier shows someone who is offline opened my window. Is it possible that the contact is not online at all? Like could it be possible for a contact to be really offline but it says an opened window? Or does an offline open window indicate 100% that the contact has blocked you?
11-13-2006 07:34 AM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
If you got a notification that an offline person opened your window, the either they blocked you, or they are appearing offline. They are not truely offline. Next time you see that, ask them if they are there, cause if they are, they will get your message, if they have you blocked, they wont get your message.
[Image: userbar687312to.gif]
11-13-2006 07:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Just to clear things up, no open window or close window notifiers work. All they do is tell you when someone starts a session with you, not a window. A session could be a simple thing like clicking on your contact card, or even just clicking your name, etc.
11-13-2006 08:04 AM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
Convo window closed notifiers are completely useless because what they do is detect when the link from you and your contact is closed, now, whenever you close someones convo window, it doesnt cut off the link, the link just times out if you dont send a message, or if your display picture is not refreshed, etc.

Since microsoft made the integration of contact cards in msn messenger, convo window open notifiers dont always work 100% of the time, but they do alert you every time somebody opens your window. It's just that not every alert means that they did just that, it could mean that your display picture was syncronized with their contact list.
11-13-2006 08:18 AM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
Well, if you don't get any response if the contact is truely offline, I smell a rebuild of block checker.
If you are desperate to find out whether someone has blocked you, you can actually find out if they blocked you, if you keep on changing dp and everything else that might trigger a response at the other contact's wlm... I mean it's like fishing, they have to bite once...
You could even track your contacts for opening a session (especially if so many things can trigger a response) and if they do respond, you know you've been a bad boy 8-)

Not that I have many people blocked me or something, in fact, everyone who blocked me i have blocked first at the moment, but sometimes people block everyone to talk to just someone, like with my PlusPrivacy script, and if that happens often it's time to think whether you realy are a good guy, just for knowing...

And it would give you a feeling like "yes, I know more than others...", which, be honoust, is what we all want, some more than others...

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 09:05 AM by Plan-1130.
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
11-13-2006 09:04 AM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
Wink  RE: Show invisible buddies
Hmmm... that would be something worth testing out, I bet you could use Display Picture Changer to constantly change your pictures, to see if any of your blocked contact's messenger picks anything up, but I'm not sure if it will work. But if the person that has blocked you has also deleted you, then im pretty sure that it wont have any affect, but you can check if they deleted you by going into WLM options--then the privacy tab, then click to view who has you added to their list.

Also, odds are, if they deleted you, they most likely have blocked you also.
OK, I did some tests, and after a countless number times changing my display picture, it hasnt popped up saying that the blocked contact opened my window

Maybe there is another way i can try to make a connection from my computer to theirs, I did notice that when i changed my display name, it changed on the blocked contacts list also, but the notifier did nothing. If i talked to the contact that had me blocked, nothing.

But once when i talked to the contact that had me blocked, the message went through! And my display picture changed on their list! How bizzare is that! There has to be some sort of loop-hole to see if someone blocked you, we just have to find it.

Also, if they have one of your display picture cached onto their computer, and you change your DP to match the ones already on their computer, your display picture will change on their list, but the notifier doesnt do anything, but if you change your display picture to a picture that their messenger dont have in its cache, it will not download the picture from your computer to theirs. But at the same time, if you have a picture that they dont have, and they open your window, the notifier will pick that up. But if you have the same picture up as they have on their list, and they open your window, nothing happens.

Also, if they opened my convo window, and the Notifier picked that up, then what kind of connection is going through, and what kind of information is it sending? This is definatly something to look into.

I performed this test by using 2 different computers, and using 2 of my MSN accounts, and blocked one of them, in case your wondering.
11-13-2006 09:29 AM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
What I meant actually was that you could 'blocks fishing', that is changing display picture, nickname, personal message, and do other tricks that might trigger a response, random at a certain interval (let's say 5 minutes, or 15, or 30...) and if you get any response && the contact's status is offline you get a message, but you also have an option to just track your list, on response, see if contact is offline, but change nothing.
You could then use a popup generator to change your nickname into <name>, I know ur online, and then block/unblock 1, 2 or 3 times to get that persons attention.

I know I'll be marked as a n00b or newbie for certain now, but I guess many people would like a script like this actually...

Also I've noticed if the contact has WLM he/she can talk while Appearing Offline, but also receive messages. I don't know, but maybe sending /ping, and the contact has Plus! would result in a pong?

EDIT: I sort of realise a session has to be closed in order to be reopened, and if the contact just blocked you you have to wait for the session to be closed, and so not change anything actually... That may explain why you didn't get any notifications when you blocked the other contact...

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 10:31 AM by Plan-1130.
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
11-13-2006 10:27 AM
kvnhmmd

35 / Male / –
The ping will not result in a pong if the person is appearing offline, i tested that out

Also, the block/unblock thing with the name will not work if the person has you blocked, since messenger blocks contact signin toast for contacts that you have blocked, it would only work for people that are appearing offline

Also, when you keep changing your personal message and display name, etc, the notifier pops up saying that people have opened your window, sometimes. But not the contact that has you blocked.

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 10:50 AM by kvnhmmd.
11-13-2006 10:32 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: