What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » error code 81000323

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
error code 81000323
Author: Message:
v1k5

O.P. error code 81000323
hello could someone hlep me with error code 81000323 I have tried reinstalling messenger but still have the same problem on this machine with 1 account but can log into others freely.  I am also able to log into the same account freely of other machines
10-12-2006 12:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: error code 81000323
Possible solution to your problem given by Windows Live Messenger Technical Support (Larry):

Error 81000323, the probable reason why you get this message are Windows Live Messenger and Windows Messenger are running on a Windows XP-based computer, and both the Messenger programs are set to sign in to the Microsoft .NET Messenger service automatically. Other possible reason why you encountered this issue is you are signed in to the .NET Messenger service with the same e-mail address on more than one computer or you are signed in to MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger and to Windows Messenger with the same Microsoft .NET Passport. When MSN Messenger starts, it signs you out of Windows Messenger. Another possible reason could be:

- You are signed in to the Messenger service through a third-party instant messaging client, such as Trillian, with the same e-mail address that you use to sign in to MSN Messenger.

The troubleshooting steps for this issue are rather long. First we need to determine whether both Windows Live Messenger and Windows Messenger are running when you receive the error message. We also need to determine if both programs may be configured to start when Windows XP starts. For the detailed troubleshooting steps, please refer to the instructions below:

1. Determine whether both MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger and Windows Messenger are running when you receive the error message.

- To determine whether Windows Messenger is running, use one of the following methods:
-- If Windows Messenger is running, a green buddy icon appears in the notification area. If you point to an icon in the notification area for several seconds, a message appears that identifies the program that the icon represents.
-- If you are using Windows Messenger, follow these steps to determine whether Windows Messenger is running:
a. Click "Start," click "Run," type "Taskmgr", and then click "OK."
b. On the "Processes" tab, look for "Msmsgs.exe" in the "Image Name" column.

- To determine whether MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger is running, use the following method:
-- If MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger is running, a green buddy icon appears in the notification area. If you point to an icon in the notification area for several seconds, a message appears that identifies the program that the icon represents.

Note: You can sign in to the .NET Messenger service by using both MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger and Windows Messenger at the same time, but you cannot sign in to both Messenger programs with the same Passport Network account.
For example, you can sign in to MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger with one Passport Network account, and then you can sign in to Windows Messenger with a different e-mail address. However, if you sign in to both Messenger programs with the same e-mail address, the first program that you signed in to automatically signs you out.

-- If both Messenger programs are not running, see the "If the computer is not running Windows XP, or the computer is running only one Messenger program" section.

2. If the computer is running MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger and Windows Messenger, both programs may be configured to start when Windows XP starts. Additionally, Windows Messenger can be started by another program, such as Microsoft Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook. If this occurs, you may receive an error message. To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Select the Messenger program that you want Microsoft Windows to start, and remove the integration between Windows Messenger and Outlook Express or Outlook. To do this, use the one of following methods:
-- To run Windows Messenger and to disable Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger, follow these steps:
a. Click "Start," click "All Programs," and then click "Windows Messenger" or "Windows Live Messenger."
b. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options."
c. On the "Preferences" tab, select the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts" check box.
d. Select the "Allow Windows Messenger to run in the background" check box, and then click "OK."
e. On the "File" menu, click "Close."
f. Click "Start," click "All Programs," and then click "MSN Messenger" or "Windows Live Messenger."
g. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options."
h. Click "General," clear the "Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows" check box, and then click "OK."
i. On the "File" menu, click "Close."

-- To run MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger and to disable Windows Messenger, follow these steps:
a. Click "Start," click "All Programs," and then click "MSN Messenger" or "Messenger Beta."
b. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options."
c. Click "General," select the "Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows" check box, and then click "OK."
d. On the "File" menu, click "Close."
e. Click "Start," click "All Programs," and then click "Windows Messenger."
f. On the "Tools" menu click "Options."
g. On the "Preferences" tab clear the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts" check box.
h. Clear the "Allow Windows Messenger to run in the background" check box, and then click "OK."
i. On the "File" menu, click "Close."

- Prevent Windows Messenger from starting when Outlook Express or Outlook starts. To do this, use the method for your browser.
-- Outlook Express
a. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options."
b. On the "General" tab, select the "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" check box.
c. Click "OK."

-- Outlook
a. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options."
b. On the "Other" tab, click the "Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook" check box.
c. Click "OK."

- Clear the automatic sign-in credentials.
-- MSN Messenger 7.5 or Windows Live Messenger
a. If you are signed in to Messenger, click "Sign out" on the "File" menu.
b. In the MSN Messenger sign-in window, clear the "Sign me in automatically" check box.

-- MSN Messenger 7.0 and earlier versions
a. Click "Start," click "Run," type "Control keymgr.dll," and then press ENTER.
b. In the "Stored User Names and Passwords" dialog box, select "Passport.Net* (Passport)."
c. Click "Remove."
d. Click "Close."

3. If you have third-party client software, such as Trillian, that is also using your e-mail address to sign in to the .NET Messenger service, turn off automatic sign-in to the .NET Messenger service through this client or remove this e-mail address from the third-party client identities list.

If the computer is not running Windows XP, or if the computer is running only one Messenger program but you receive an error message, you may be signed in to Messenger on another computer. You may receive the error message if you have set up another computer to automatically sign you in. To resolve this problem, change or reset your Passport Network account password. This step will ensure that you are not automatically signed in to the .NET Messenger service on the other computer.

1. To change the password that is associated with your Passport Network account, follow these steps:
a. Visit http://login.live.com.
b. Click "Credentials," and then click "Change your password."
c. Type your old password.
d. Type your new password, and then retype it. As you type your password, the strength gauge will show you how strong or weak your password is.
e. Click "Continue". If your password is not strong you will have the opportunity to change by clicking "Create a stronger password now."
f. Click "Done."

2. To reset a Passport Network password that you cannot remember, follow these steps:
a. Visit http://login.live.com.
b. Click "Forgot your password?."
c. Enter your e-mail address and match the characters in the picture. The number of characters in the picture is printed below the picture.
d. Click "Continue."
e. Select how you want to reset your password.
f. Provide the requested information to reset your password.

I hope these steps resolve your concern with Windows Live Messenger.

For additional information regarding Windows Live Messenger and some basic how to steps, go to the Help menu of Windows Live Messenger and click on Help Topics or simply press F1 on Windows Live Messenger main window or in any Windows Live Messenger conversation window.

3 ways to search for more information in Pane Help:

a. Click on a relevant link.
b. Click on the link that says View all topics.
c. Type your entry in the search box and press Enter or click on the arrow button.

If you need further assistance, you may contact us at http://support.live.com.

Sincerely,

Larry
Windows Live Messenger Technical Support

This post was edited on 10-12-2006 at 01:20 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-12-2006 01:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lord_kaliga

Hello !

I encountered the same problem. I am French, and I fear that all the infos you gave on this topic can not help, as I have only one messenger running when I start it (Windows Live Plus! Messenger), and the biggest problem I encounter is the following one : I have three accounts, one is @hotmail.com, the others are @hotmail.fr, and the one with @hotmail.com doesn't connect, just as one of the two others, and only one gets to connect. Isn't this strange ? Why does only one account of three connect ?
And more strange : I can connect on my @hotmail.com account from another computer, but only not on mine ! I can access to my mails, I managed to connect on webmessenger, but only not on my computer !
I obviously removed messenger from my computer and reinstalled it, but nothing to do, it still doesn't work...

Please help me, because I found no help on French forums or online help sites, this error message seems to be unknown down here, I don't understand why...

Thank you for your answer, hoping you will be able to help ;-)

Bye,

Seb.
10-14-2006 09:45 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
You could try this:
quote:
Originally posted by Victoria in thread "My MSN is all broked"
I've found some people in a Messenger discussion group who seem to be having the same problem as you guys.
There was a fix posted that worked for all who had posted with the problem, so it may work for you too:

1. Hit "run" in the start menu
2. Type "regedit"
3. Open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger"
4. Delete the folder called MSN Messenger
5. After this MSN Messenger Live will login as normal.

or...

If you're not comfortable editing the registry, you can run this small reg. file posted by Jonathan Kay [MVP] which does the same thing as posted above:
Remove Messenger Settings

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 10:30 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-14-2006 10:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lord_kaliga

Hey !

Thank you very much for answering so quickly !! And thank you thousand times for your tip, which worked effectively, I'm so happy someone finally could help !!

Best regards, for I was losing hope about this...

Seb.  :-) ;-):-D
10-14-2006 10:56 AM
LickingDishes

Sorry to sound rude, but what if all of the above does not work? Because I have followed all of the above steps and my MSN will still not sign in.

What do you suggest?
10-15-2006 02:08 AM
ash01

RE: error code 80048820 and 80048412
hi,
can someone help me with these 2 error codes 80048820 and 80048412. my brother and i have been trying to sign in but to no avail.

wad should i do?
10-15-2006 12:07 PM
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
http://www.fanatic.net.nz/?p=8
http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns...i_AqaGw!1070.entry
http://help.msn.com/(cHJvamVjdD1NZXNzZW5nZXJ3MTBf..._80048820.HTM&fs=1
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php?do=se...=&lookin=msg&sort=
[Image: Zahid.png]
10-15-2006 12:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
chrisb998

I have just encountered this error code apparently for no reason. it also showed errorcode 8100030d
Windows Live Messenger was working fine earlier today on this computer and also on another computer at work

I do not have  msn messenger on this computer and I was not running windows messenger at the time
I do not use any firewall except the standard windows XP firewall
I am not behind a proxy server on a windows server
Windows messenger is not set to sign in automatically
Live messenger so not set to log in automatically
No other programs are set to open windows messenger or Windows live messenger

After I saw this errorcode I ran windows messenger and logged in correctly
I then signed out of windows messenger and tried to sign in on Live Messenger but still got the same error codes

I have also had another error very often on live messenger when it is running, where the hotmail email page does not open correctly when I try to read my emails. Instead the window attempts to open but disappears. All further attempts to open the email page fail but I can open it still directly through IE Explorer even after this has happened
The only way do deal with ths is to shut down and restart windows, after which live messenger runs properly.... till the next time. While you are shutting down windows you get a message that windows is having to close IExplorer even though it is not apparently running anywhere, even in the task window.

Live Messenger seems very buggy still. Is this fact or illusion?

Chris

This post was edited on 10-16-2006 at 09:04 PM by chrisb998.
10-16-2006 08:56 PM
chevy_babe1990

Did you ever get into it? if Yes i need help!
10-16-2006 10:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: