What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Adding Emoticon Panel Button to Plus Tool Bar

Adding Emoticon Panel Button to Plus Tool Bar
Author: Message:
CosmicSurfer

O.P. Huh?  Adding Emoticon Panel Button to Plus Tool Bar
I'm using Messenger Plus! 3.63.148 (I'm not ready to Mess with MSN Live yet.. I'm worried that it will slow down my computer as much as Live HotMail did.)

I would like to have easier access to the Emoticon Panels. Rather than having to click on the Plus! menu next to the Typing Input window, it would be real convenient to have an instant access button there.

Is there anyway to install such a button?? If not, is this feature available in the Live Plus! version? (Definite second choice right now.)

Thanks for your help.
CS
10-13-2006 05:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Adding Emoticon Panel Button to Plus Tool Bar
If you just type in "(" and wait, then an emoticon quick panel will come up, this is a feature in both Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger.

You should really upgrade both, it's worth it and they really shouldn't be too much of a strain on your computer, unless you're running less then 256mb ram on a processor that's less the 1GHz.
10-13-2006 06:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Adding Emoticon Panel Button to Plus Tool Bar
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
If you just type in "(" and wait, then an emoticon quick panel will come up, this is a feature in both Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger.
Addition:

You will need to turn that option on if not on already, see Tutorial - Quick Icons - Messenger Plus! 3.63.148.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-13-2006 11:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CosmicSurfer

O.P. RE: Adding Emoticon Panel Button to Plus Tool Bar
OK.... Thanks... I forgot about the Key Board Shortcut... I'm a Point and Click man, Rarely use ShortCuts.

I'm using a 5 year old Laptop... 512mg Ram, and 1Ghtz CPU...
but It's real sluggish now :( ... even after cleaning of registry, etc. Plus I'm in Thailand where Broadband means "Glorified Dial-Up". :@

When I tried the Beta of Live HotMail it worked so slowly that I just dumped it and went back to the fast, old version. I also couldn't get the new IE7 Beta to run either... so I'm leary of all this New "LIVE" stuff. I'm still stock with WEB 1... WEB 2 may have to wait for a new computer I'll buy after VISTA is released... and an additional 6 month wait for the bugs fixes to take effect.

Thanks for the advice.
Sawadee Krup
CS
10-13-2006 11:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: