What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Desktop Contacts.

[Suggestion] Desktop Contacts.
Author: Message:
Docs

O.P. [Suggestion] Desktop Contacts.
- Status transperency!
- The ability to resize one contact, and colour/trans it, and allow that to be the default (for that status, or all contacts)
- The menu setting to 'Display all contacts on Desktop'
- A setting that allows desktop contacts to stack, so as people go online, they stack over already online contacts, and if you're away/busy, you stack over top of every online person and the already away/busy, and so on.
quote:
ie:
(offline here if visible)
<< New Aways here..
Away (earliest)
Away
Away (longest)
<< New busy here
Busy (Earliest)
Busy
Busy
Busy (Longest)
<< New onlines here.
Online (earliest)
Online (longest)

- Along with stacking, a way to configure how they stack, from left to right, top to bottom, right to left, bottom to left, left top corner, right top corner, left bottom corner, right bottom corner....
- Stacking by groups
- Fixing the invisible name bug when I login (names appear...but they all go blank, I'd have to rightclick everyone to get names back)
- A setting for 'Set all (status/or all) contacts on top/on bottom/normal window z-position)
- ABC Sort (within status or all contacts)

I hope this helps and hopefully it'll be added! ^_^
Thanks Patchou

This post was edited on 09-04-2006 at 06:44 PM by Docs.
09-04-2006 06:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: [Suggestion] Desktop Contacts.
The ABC sort and the "stacking" feature would require some sort of grid and something to read the names of the contacts, so not only would it constantly be changing around, it was also increase file size and possibly mess around with the current layout of the desktop (where all of your shortcut icons are).

As for the invisible name bug and the set all status ideas, they're both possible and seem like they'd be good to have in the software! :).
09-04-2006 10:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Docs

O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Desktop Contacts.
[Image: shot.jpg]
This is what I kinda have to deal with...and it's not real fun :(

It wouldn't drastically affect your setup, because if the other side of stacking comes in, where it can stack in the direction you want..then it doesn't do it as bad.

And...about the only affect it'll have is the little loop it'd have to do to find out where stuff goes...pretty well a little array...

Constant changing around...meh, who wants to talk to a busy/away/offline contact anyways.
09-04-2006 10:18 PM
Twinlord

I think the answer would be like a contact list that is on the desktop that only shows the online contacts. One that you can expand. Another cool option would be to have little squares where you can put a pic of the contact and have like a friends module like the one on live spaces on your desktop. that would be really cool
09-07-2006 02:55 AM
ForestPlus!
Banned

But the question is, if it is possible
09-09-2006 02:55 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I couldn't see why it's not possible to put the likes of the person's DP at the left-most of the tab.  Plus already can tell you where the pic is for tht particular contact so it should be easy enough to do that much.  The only constrain I can see is the limitted space, but I think the DP would get used as an easier way of noticing a contact than the name as I find my contacts are more likely to change their display name than their DP.
[Image: markee.png]
09-09-2006 03:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Docs

O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Desktop Contacts.
*bump*

Even just fixing the damned disappearing nicknames would be fine.
10-17-2006 01:27 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: