What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Any News on Version 4.10?

Any News on Version 4.10?
Author: Message:
Andrew_H

31 / Male / –
O.P. Any News on Version 4.10?
It was susposed to be released a few weeks ago but it never did end up coming.  I'm just wondering if Patchou has set another release date or if anyone else know when Patchou plans on releasing it?

Thank you.
10-15-2006 02:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tony

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Any News on Version 4.10?
not yet, better wait until http://msgpluslive.net bring us some fresh news.
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
10-15-2006 02:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_H
It was susposed to be released a few weeks ago but it never did end up coming.  I'm just wondering if Patchou has set another release date or if anyone else know when Patchou plans on releasing it?

Thank you.
Well 8.1 popped outta nowhere and Plus! Live has been just waiting for it hit final although if I was Patchou I would release a 8.1 compatible version anyhow.

But im me and Patchou is Patchou.
10-16-2006 12:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_H

Thank you.
Well 8.1 popped outta nowhere and Plus! Live has been just waiting for it hit final although if I was Patchou I would release a 8.1 compatible version anyhow.

But im me and Patchou is Patchou.
Patchou has rarly released compatable versions for beta versions of WLM or MSN
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6652 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes, 48 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
10-16-2006 12:22 AM
Andrew_H

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Any News on Version 4.10?
I didn't know Patchou was waiting for WLM 8.1 to go public.  When is that susposed to happen?
10-16-2006 01:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MX-G

34 / Male / Flag
well, in the new Windows Live Messenger 8.1 there is no exciting new features, it only has a few of changes and it's very unstable rigth now, I suggest to you for wait to the final release of it, and stay attent to the web.

This post was edited on 10-16-2006 at 01:41 AM by MX-G.
10-16-2006 01:38 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
Patchou delayed the release, as posted in the Announcements section, partly because WLM 8.1 is so buggy and he did not want to be held responsible by users for WLM 8.1 crashing (it does that itself :P).

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The beta version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 has been made available to private beta testers for about a week now and more and more people are asking for a compatible version of Messenger Plus!. I can happily say that Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 (previously labelled 4.02) is currently in the work and will be entirely compatible with the new Messenger, however, I do not plan to release this version before at least another two weeks. The main reason for that delay is very simple: the current beta of Messenger 8.1 is extremely unstable and brings nothing really new to its users. I encourage all of you to stick with version 8.0 for now, you'll feel much better without a Messenger that can crash every 5 minutes during a chat :).
10-16-2006 02:17 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Patchou delayed the release, as posted in the Announcements section, partly because WLM 8.1 is so buggy and he did not want to be held responsible by users for WLM 8.1 crashing (it does that itself :P).

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The beta version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 has been made available to private beta testers for about a week now and more and more people are asking for a compatible version of Messenger Plus!. I can happily say that Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 (previously labelled 4.02) is currently in the work and will be entirely compatible with the new Messenger, however, I do not plan to release this version before at least another two weeks. The main reason for that delay is very simple: the current beta of Messenger 8.1 is extremely unstable and brings nothing really new to its users. I encourage all of you to stick with version 8.0 for now, you'll feel much better without a Messenger that can crash every 5 minutes during a chat :).

Maybe he should release 4.10 for 8.0 because we all know what Microsoft are like with release dates, surely it couldnt be to hard for him to release an update to make it compatible with 8.1??
...there used to be a signature here :)
10-16-2006 04:12 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
WLM8.1 is still not stable enough to release MPL4.10 & if there were to be more changes in WLM8.1 coding patchou would prolly have to re-do MPL4.10 all over again for it to be compatible , so there's no point releasing a version now, all he'd be doing is doubling or trippling his work load by relleasing it now , if you cant go without MPL4 go back to a stable WLM8.0
10-16-2006 04:47 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: