What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Can I sign into msg twice?

Can I sign into msg twice?
Author: Message:
dizzy

– / Female / –
O.P. Can I sign into msg twice?
Hiya,

Is there any way of signing into messenger twice with different addresses on the same computer?

I have messenger plus already installed on my laptop and tried using webmessenger at the same time for my other address.  Even though I have turned off my pop-up blocker, webmessenger says it is on.  Is this because I am already signed into msg plus?
10-14-2006 09:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: Can I sign into msg twice?
If you have Messenger Plus Live then you can use Polygamy and tick this option:
[Image: polygamy.png]

If you don't, then you can use A-Patch [ http://www.apatch.org/ ] and tick the option Polygamy. And to use it just click on the Messenger icon how much times you want.

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 09:22 PM by Zahid™.
[Image: Zahid.png]
10-14-2006 09:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dizzy

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Can I sign into msg twice?
Thanks Zahid - I'll go and see what's what and try some tricks ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
If you have Messenger Plus Live then you can use Polygamy and tick this option:

If you don't, then you can use A-Patch [ http://www.apatch.org/ ] and tick the option Polygamy. And to use it just click on the Messenger icon how much times you want.

A-Patch worked fine on my old messenger, thankyou.  I ended up installing Msg Live today though (trying to get my head around everything ^o))

Problem I have now, is when I right click a contact and point to 'messenger plus features' in order to select 'display contact on desktop' the option doesn't appear for a couple of people, yet does for the others??? 

Anyone?

quote:
Problem I have now, is when I right click a contact and point to 'messenger plus features' in order to select 'display contact on desktop' the option doesn't appear for a couple of people, yet does for the others??? 

Anyone?

This is sooo annoying - down to one contact now who I can't display (the person I always have floating on my desktop) - no option to do so - the option is greyed out !

I've a feeling it may be because he was floating when I downloaded live???
10-14-2006 09:33 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dizzy
Is this because I am already signed into msg plus?
You can not sign in into Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! is not a IM program.

Messenger Plus! is not a replacement for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger nor for Windows Live Messenger.

Messenger Plus! is an addon for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger and/or Windows Live Messenger, and only adds some extra features (eg: custom sounds, some commands to use, etc), nothing more.

You still use, sign in and chat with Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger.

quote:
Originally posted by dizzy
This is sooo annoying - down to one contact now who I can't display (the person I always have floating on my desktop) - no option to do so - the option is greyed out
reported before. eg:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63...d=701817#pid701817

although no clear fix or reason why this happens is given.

This post was edited on 10-16-2006 at 07:52 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-16-2006 07:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dizzy

– / Female / –
:$ Thank you! Very authoritative/informative CookieRevised!

I might try reinstalling everything to see if this resolves the 'floating desktop' feature for this contact.  Amazing how you get used to something being there and miss it when it's not :(
10-16-2006 09:27 PM
dizzy

– / Female / –
Okay - I just want it all back to where was before I added Messenger Live then maybe I can try again.  Not only do some of my contacts not float on my desktop, but the msn toolbar has stopped displaying the number of contacts online! 

To try and resolve the 'floaty contacts', I tried removing Messenger Live from my laptop but ended up using the reinstall option as the whole messenger service disappeared. I also tried restoring my computer to an earlier timewith no luck :-(

If I just start again (again) by uninstalling then reloading basic msn messenger and import my contacts - will they get new invitations to be added to my list ?

:(
10-19-2006 08:04 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
You won't need to reimport your contacts: the contact list is stored on the server.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-20-2006 10:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: