What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Personal Message, changes?

Personal Message, changes?
Author: Message:
locolocoo

O.P. Personal Message, changes?
When I write something in my Personal Message, then log out, and log in again, the PM is erased. Why does that happen? And how can I fix it?
10-18-2006 03:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Personal Message, changes?
Are you using any script for MP!L. They could be causing it. Go to Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts and try disabling them. That may solve your problem.
10-18-2006 03:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
First things first :p

This issue has got little todo with Messenger Plus! though.

Messenger Plus! is not a replacement for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger nor for Windows Live Messenger.

Messenger Plus! is an addon for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger and/or Windows Live Messenger, and only adds some extra features (eg: custom sounds, some commands to use, etc), nothing more.

You still use, sign in and chat with Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger.

Therefore, this thread has been posted in the wrong subforum and should have been posted in the forum: "MSN/Windows Messenger".

Though, you don't need to repost it, I have requested to move this thread ;)

Anyways, as for the issue...

This might be because of several reasons. Without further and more details we can't give a proper solution (if there is one at all) and only suggest general things:

- It can be caused by server errors or a server lag. Lately there are problems with some messenger servers. Nothing much can be done, and you simply need to wait this out.

- It can be caused by a script or plugin you have installed. eg: Messenger Plus! Live (used together with Windows Live Messenger) is able to run scripts. Some script manipulate the personal message. So make sure you don't have any such scripts installed. If you have Messenger Plus! Live, you can check this by going to Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts. Disable them.

EDIT: Felu beated me, oh well :p

This post was edited on 10-18-2006 at 04:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2006 04:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
It could also be you have this option enabled. It tells WLM not to store your Personal Message, so it dissapears everytime you log out
[Image: psmbc1.jpg]
English screenshot by Dazmatic

This post was edited on 10-19-2006 at 04:49 PM by Shondoit.
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
10-19-2006 05:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: