What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugins in Vb

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Plugins in Vb
Author: Message:
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plugins in Vb
I've tried using Patchous examples to plugins but none of them work...

Could anyone describe the steps on making a plugin? I've read everything from this forum, mess.be and msnfanatic so please don't point me to some thread!

Thanks
10-19-2006 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugins in Vb
Well with the example provided by Patchou you also need to register the dll and add registry entries.

Take a look at this Date And Time Plugin - Source Included
10-19-2006 10:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plugins in Vb
I must be really dumb.. I downloaded your example.. followd the instructions on the txt file.. and nothing happened!!!

I have Messenger Plus and Mess Path installed...

Maybe I should try reinstalling?

Thanks
10-20-2006 10:55 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Which version of Messenger Plus! do you have?
10-21-2006 12:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
4.01.0.240 -> Plus

8.0.0812.00 -> Live Messeenger
10-21-2006 04:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Deco
4.01.0.240 -> Plus

8.0.0812.00 -> Live Messeenger
Plugins are something from Messenger Plus! 3. So the examples you'll find are all for Messenger Plus!3 (with MSN Messenger 7.x or lower).

In Messenger Plus! Live with Windows Live Messenger, the plugin system has been replaced with scripting, which is done in JScript 5.6.

Scripting is a quite different system than plugins.

If you want to make scripts, I suggest to download and read the official Plus! Live Scripting documentation.

You still can make plugins in VB and load them in Messenger Plus! Live, but this will always require a wrap-around script. Also the system of making a plugin must be very well understood if you want to integrate a (old-system) plugin into Messenger Plus! Live and that isn't so strait forward.

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 04:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-21-2006 04:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Ok, will go from there.

It can't be that tough to do what I want.. all I want to do it have a script that will send a message "quietly" and not open any windows. Since we already discussed that in the other thread and figured that it was impossible to do with regular scripting I've turned my attention to plugins.. but I don't understand how to use DLLs in scripting.. sure I can tell how to open it and how to call a function but I couldn't find an example of how to make it (the dll) so that I can use it in plus scripts.

All I need is a dll to send a message without creating a window. I guess that the best way is to program a proxy between plus and the switchboard and then just call my proxy functions instead of the regular sendmessage (which creates a window). What do you guys think?

IS this possible?

Thanks!
10-21-2006 04:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Plugins in Vb
quote:
It can't be that tough to do what I want..
Depends on your programming knowledge

quote:
All I want to do it have a script that will send a message "quietly" and not open any windows. Since we already discussed that in the other thread and figured that it was impossible to do with regular scripting I've turned my attention to plugins..
What has been said in that thread is that it isn't possible using normal programming; being it scripts or plugins.... You need to do it via sending and talking on the protocol level. This hasn't got much todo with scripting or plugins. It has mostly todo with how you program it, not with what you use to program it, if you know what I mean

But the reason why this isn't possible with scripting alone is because you will need callbacks to do this. Callbacks aren't available in the current scripting engine.

Using an external DLL which does the protocol talking for you, it would be possible.

But all that is not the main problem you're facing. The main thing is, as said in that other thread, that you need to create a proxy.

And that is far from easy. Also you need to understand and know the complexity of the messenger protocol.

It is possible, but very far from easy...

quote:
sure I can tell how to open it and how to call a function but I couldn't find an example of how to make it (the dll) so that I can use it in plus scripts.
The examples shown in the official plugin documenation, and the sources of plugins on these forums (eg: the one from Matty) show exactly how to make such a DLL.

VB6 Plugins are ActiveX DLLs. They work in exactly the same way, and thus can be called in the same way you call any other ActiveX DLL and functions within it.

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 07:21 PM by CookieRevised.
10-21-2006 07:17 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
I think this is above my head.. but I'll keep trying. Any chances you guys could make this for me?

Thanks
10-21-2006 09:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I think this is above my head.. but I'll keep trying. Any chances you guys could make this for me?

Thanks
A useable proxy tool (opposite of the sniffer) has been requested a couple of times. Though, nobody has created one as far. So I doubt it, unless someone can be bothered... :/
10-21-2006 09:55 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: