What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Please tell me something!

Please tell me something!
Author: Message:
Lyne

O.P. Please tell me something!
Good evening fellow members, my question may sound silly to some of you technically minded folk so please bear with me as I'm not very clever at computer stuff.   I have been using msn messenger plus for some time now but have recently changed to Windows Live Messenger, my question is this:  Should I uninstall ALL msn messenger stuff as it appears in Add & Remove programmes -  including the messenger plus stuff - without it having any effect whatsoever on the new download. 

If I choose to return to msn messenger plus etc., is it a simple matter of reinstalling the programme after uninstalling WLM.    I cant explain it any differently but will welcome suggestions or comments and answer simple queries gladly.  Many thanks: Lyne
11-20-2006 12:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Please tell me something!
I recommend you to download WLM and MP!L, it is however possible to install 7.5 later on, but if you want to get 7.5 back, you'll have to uninstall WLM before you install 7.5.

But as I said, I recommend using WLM and Messenger Plus! Live (www.msgpluslive.net).
:)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
11-20-2006 12:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lyne

O.P. RE: Please tell me something!
Hi Nitro, thanks for your reply,  do I uninstall all the msn stuff, including Messenger Plus - and this will not affect the WLM installation in any way at all?

Sorry to appear obtuse, I'm just not technically minded at all.

Kind regards: Lyne
11-20-2006 12:55 PM
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lyne
Hi Nitro, thanks for your reply,  do I uninstall all the msn stuff, including Messenger Plus - and this will not affect the WLM installation in any way at all?

Sorry to appear obtuse, I'm just not technically minded at all.

No, you don't need to uninstal it. Just download the latest MP!L and WLM.
I'll get the link's for you.Edit: Here you go:

WLM: Click here :)

MP!L: Click here :)

This post was edited on 11-20-2006 at 02:00 PM by EBFL.
I'm awesome

11-20-2006 12:58 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by EnglandBoyForLife.
WLM: Click here [Image: msn_happy.gif][Image: msn_happy.gif]

MP!L: Click here
You exchanged the links [Image: msn_tongue.gif].

This post was edited on 11-20-2006 at 01:56 PM by Felu.
11-20-2006 01:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag

You exchanged the links

Oops.
Sorry :tongue:
Its fixed now though :refuck:
I'm awesome

11-20-2006 01:59 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Please tell me something!
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
I recommend you to download WLM and MP!L, it is however possible to install 7.5 later on, but if you want to get 7.5 back, you'll have to uninstall WLM before you install 7.5.

But as I said, I recommend using WLM and Messenger Plus! Live (www.msgpluslive.net).
:)

or you could do what I do and run both MSN Messenger 7.5 and Windows Live Messenger at the same time.

It is a bit of playing around and stuff but I find it useful for certain things that I do. If you want to do that, let me know and I'll provide instructions on how to do it.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-20-2006 07:47 PM
Lyne

Thanks Matty,  I've had my pc for nearly three years now and have learnt an awful lot (mostly by trial & error) in that time but it seems to me that it could be used more efficiently if I keep the applications I run down to the minimum.  I use instant messaging frequently as my family & I live half a world apart from each other, broadband is a bit of a luxury for me and I have unlimited download facilities so can install/uninstall as much as I like - it takes a bit of getting used to but I get there in the end. 

If I uninstall MSN 7.5 as well as all the Plus! stuff & its update, will doing so have any detrimental effect of the WLM installation?  My intention of trimming out unneccessary stuff in order to keep my speed at an acceptable level rather than it running sluggishly.  Am I making myself clearer or just confusing the issue somewhat?  I look forward to hearing from you,

11-20-2006 08:21 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
Well removing plus! 3 for MSN Messenger 7.5 wouldn't be recommended, as certain and I stress certain settings are transferred over.

Having both versions will not slow it down by much at all. Hell, I got MSN 7.0, MSN 7.5, WLM 8.0 and WLM 8.1 and I use them all and I haven't noticed any problems.

If you choose to remove it all anyway, it shouldn't have any affect on it at all but as I said earlier, removing Plus! 3 moreso, means that certain settings won't get transferred over into Plus! live
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-20-2006 08:34 PM
Lyne

I suspected as much,  speed doesnt appear to be affected, perhaps I'm being too fussy so shall leave things as they are.  Many thanks for your advice, its much appreciated.  Incidently, I tried to uninstall the msn stuff earlier but get a message that says the patch cannot be verified and it wont uninstall anyway so perhaps it has to remain anyway.

11-20-2006 08:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: