What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't see who's writing when using tabs

Can't see who's writing when using tabs
Author: Message:
dellson

O.P. Can't see who's writing when using tabs
I like the tab-feature where Messenger Plus! Live gathers all my ongoing conversations in one window.

But when the window is minimized, I only see the first contact name, and if other contacts are writing me, I can't see who it is - unless I maximize the window again (it's the name of the first contact blinking even though he might not necessarily be the one writing).

10-26-2006 02:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Can't see who's writing when using tabs
Autoswitch has been taken out to prevent you from writing to the wrong contact etc.

Also see: Tabbed Chats - wrong contact, in that thread you will also find a script by CookieRevised if you would still like this back.

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 02:28 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-26-2006 02:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dellson

O.P. RE: RE: Can't see who's writing when using tabs
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Autoswitch has been taken out to prevent you from writing to the wrong contact etc.

Also see: Tabbed Chats - wrong contact, in that thread you will also find a script by CookieRevised if you would still like this back.

Ah yes, thats a good point, nothing worse than posting the backstabbing words to the person you are backstabbing :D
Maybe i should just learn to live with it as it is now then, sounds like the safest solution.

(although maybe a even clearer distinction between the tabs might help to solve the above problem with writing to the wrong contacts...just a thought :-)).

10-26-2006 02:34 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Can't see who's writing when using tabs
quote:
Originally posted by dellson
Sorry! :) - and glad to hear that it's going to be fixed.
(I actually did do a search, but i guess i could have been more thorough - and thx for the quick reply! :)).
There is nothing to be fixed, there is no way to show the messagings contacts name on taskbar without autoswitching..
quote:
Ah yes, thats a good point, nothing worse than posting the backstabbing words to the person you are backstabbing
Maybe i should just learn to live with it as it is now then, sounds like the safest solution.

(although maybe a even clearer distinction between the tabs might help to solve the above problem with writing to the wrong contacts...just a thought ).
You know how it is sometimes...type typing away...switching to something else, not noticing tabs have switched when you type the next sentence...trust me it's better this way and you will get used to it.

If it's a new person starting a chat with you you can set a notification (popup) for that so it will show a popup with the contacts name in on receiving that persons first message so you will notice that one if you are in a conversation already. To do that for all contacts go to Plus > Preferences > Customize > Events Notifications...click "add", click drop down box and choose "for all contacts" etc.....as shown in the image below...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=746482]

P.S. dellson, don't doublepost..use the edit button instead..even if replies are to different posts/persons (you can use quote for that if need be) ;)

Edit: you're welcome :)

.png File Attachment: notif.PNG (84.19 KB)
This file has been downloaded 437 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 09:19 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-26-2006 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dellson

O.P. RE: RE: Can't see who's writing when using tabs
Ah yes sorry again, i did not even notice the previous guy had removed his post.
But apart from that - i actually totally agree with you (that was actually my point with those backstabbing-comments :-)) and thx for the extra info about how to make the feature even better by adding those extra notifications.

10-26-2006 08:39 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: