What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Intel Graphics 810 controller?

Intel Graphics 810 controller?
Author: Message:
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Intel Graphics 810 controller?
well, i have a old pc running windows 2000, i ant seem to find drivers for it, i get an error in the device manager, if anyone knows how to fix this error or know where there are drivers please tell me.

(see screenshot)

[Image: graphcsqz5.png]

Sorry the image is in .bmp, it wint let me save as anything else :s

Thanks
10-30-2006 01:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Intel Graphics 810 controller?
I get an error when installing :sad::

[Image: errorrvb3.png]

This post was edited on 10-30-2006 at 03:05 PM by Kenji.
10-30-2006 03:04 PM
Adeptus

RE: Intel Graphics 810 controller?
1) Do not choose to run the installer from your browser.  Download and save it, then go there and run it.

2) In Device Manager, uninstall whatever your graphics controller is currently recognized as (something like "VGA adapter" or "PCI VGA adapter").  Reboot and see if that helps.

3) The drivers may have a minimum service pack level requirement.  To see what SP you are on, go to Control Panel, System Properties.  The current and final SP for Windows 2000 is SP4; if you are below that, just go ahead and install it now.  It may solve your problem and you should have it anyway.  You can get it here.

10-30-2006 03:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
1) Do not choose to run the installer from your browser.  Download and save it, then go there and run it.
I saved it and ran it from the desktop :tongue:
quote:
2) In Device Manager, uninstall whatever your graphics controller is currently recognized as (something like "VGA adapter" or "PCI VGA adapter").  Reboot and see if that helps.
Just tried that, tthe error still pops up though =/
quote:

3) The drivers may have a minimum service pack level requirement.  To see what SP you are on, go to Control Panel, System Properties.  The current and final SP for Windows 2000 is SP4; if you are below that, just go ahead and install it now.  It may solve your problem and you should have it anyway.  You can get it here.

I have SP4. It was the first thing i installed.
10-30-2006 04:02 PM
Adeptus

Try some of the older driver versions from here then.
10-30-2006 04:33 PM
Kenji
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Try some of the older driver versions from here then.
None of them worked, i got the same error on each one :sad:
10-30-2006 05:01 PM
Adeptus

This may seem like a silly question, but probably needs to be asked at this point -- how certain are you that there is no add-on graphics card installed in this computer and you are actually using the onboard graphics?
10-30-2006 05:24 PM
Kenji
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
This may seem like a silly question, but probably needs to be asked at this point -- how certain are you that there is no add-on graphics card installed in this computer and you are actually using the onboard graphics?
100%. I have never used a graphics card in this computer. only the onboard one..:happy:
10-30-2006 05:36 PM
Adeptus

Well -- unfortunately, I am almost out of ideas and at this point would suspect something may be wrong with your hardware or Windows installation.

The intended meaning of the error message you get is to inform you that you are not using the Intel chipset graphics and are trying to install the wrong driver.  You seem to be pretty sure about that and probably are getting it for another reason, but I have never encountered it in any other circumstance (and it doesn't look like anyone else has, either -- according to a quick Google search).

A couple more things you can try -- install the most recent DirectX if you don't already have it and try again.  A minimum version of DirectX requirement is not unusual for graphics drivers. You can also install the the Intel INF update, although I don't think that will be helpful in this situation (it should do no harm, however).

It sounds like you have reformatted recently and that is why you need the driver.  It may be worth doing again.  Since you mentioned installing SP4 the first thing, perhaps this time try to not install it until after the graphics drivers.  My usual order would be: Windows, Intel INF update, graphics and other drivers, latest service pack (if not slipstreamed), updates.  It should not matter, though.
10-31-2006 04:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: