What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » personal message

personal message
Author: Message:
debnan2dylan

60 / Female / –
O.P. Undecided  personal message
I was just wondering if anybody else has this problem, every time i signin, my personal message never stays there, I always have to put it back in every time i signin...and yes under tools, options the box is clicked for show my media player.^o)
10-28-2006 02:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: personal message
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
First things first :p

This issue has got little todo with Messenger Plus! though.

Messenger Plus! is not a replacement for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger nor for Windows Live Messenger.

Messenger Plus! is an addon for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger and/or Windows Live Messenger, and only adds some extra features (eg: custom sounds, some commands to use, etc), nothing more.

You still use, sign in and chat with Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger.

Therefore, this thread has been posted in the wrong subforum and should have been posted in the forum: "MSN/Windows Messenger".

Though, you don't need to repost it, I have requested to move this thread [Image: msn_wink.gif]

Anyways, as for the issue...

This might be because of several reasons. Without further and more details we can't give a proper solution (if there is one at all) and only suggest general things:

- It can be caused by server errors or a server lag. Lately there are problems with some messenger servers. Nothing much can be done, and you simply need to wait this out.

- It can be caused by a script or plugin you have installed. eg: Messenger Plus! Live (used together with Windows Live Messenger) is able to run scripts. Some script manipulate the personal message. So make sure you don't have any such scripts installed. If you have Messenger Plus! Live, you can check this by going to Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts. Disable them.

quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
It could also be you have this option enabled. It tells WLM not to store your Personal Message, so it dissapears everytime you log out
[Image: psmbc1.jpg]
English screenshot by Dazmatic

Edit: Dazmatic Beats me but i have something extra :P.

This post was edited on 10-28-2006 at 03:04 PM by Felu.
10-28-2006 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
debnan2dylan

60 / Female / –
O.P. RE: personal message
thx but that box is already unchecked......:|
10-28-2006 03:04 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
What is your Messenger version, Messenger Plus! version, and what other addons (Smiley Central, etc.) do you have and what versions?
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6577 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes, 59 seconds ago.

10-28-2006 07:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
debnan2dylan

60 / Female / –
O.P. RE: personal message
I have messenger live 8, Messenger Plus the latest live one....i dont have smiley central....so i dont no what is the problem:S
10-28-2006 08:29 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
There's a script somewhere which fixes it because my sister use to have the same problem. I can't find it though :-\ Sorry.

You could use a script that simply saves it, so you just select it every time you sign in?

Try...
PSM Changer - which changes your PSM according to your status.
Name Customizer
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-28-2006 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: