What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Adding Event Notifications

Adding Event Notifications
Author: Message:
joel.l

O.P. Adding Event Notifications
Hi there,

Is it possible to add event notifications from scripts?

I do not want to create a whole new notification system, but merely plug into the existing one to add event triggers programmatically.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--
Joel L.
So is there no way to do it? Or did I ask some secret _bad_ question and will be ignored from now on?

--
Joel L.
11-19-2006 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Adding Event Notifications
quote:
Originally posted by joel.l
So is there no way to do it? Or did I ask some secret _bad_ question and will be ignored from now on?
--
Joel L.

Maybe people didn't know if it was possible and so didn't want to reply or maybe you just needed to wait a bit longer?

If you mean event notification such as OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage() and so on, I don't think it's possible as WLM and MP!L wouldn't send you the "trigger", it would need to be constantly monitored by you for change (which is the whole "New notification system" you wanted to avoid)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-20-2006 03:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by joel.l

--
Joel L.
Someone would have answered you but you do have to wait.
Also, Please dont double Post :)
I'm awesome

11-20-2006 03:53 PM
joel.l

O.P. RE: Adding Event Notifications
(Sorry for the double... It simply seemed all other posts got a gazillion replies while mine stood alone in the corner.)

So, as SpunkyLoveMuff confirmed, there is nothing in the scripting API to allow adding event notifications.

But is it perhaps possible to automatically "click around" on behalf of the user in the Event Notification Wizard (that could be called via the  /notif command from a script)?

Just a thought.

--
Joel L.
To clarify, by "adding an event notification" I mean adding an event a la "Show an alert that expires after the first occurrence when user John@John.com signs in" to the built-in notification system
11-20-2006 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I was actually looking this up.  The problem with trying to have events called from as far as i can see it cannot be done because I can't find a way of having WScript as an object (the special one in the documentation, i realise anything can be made into an object).  Though I have been known to be wrong, I personally can't see how this could be done, sorry.
[Image: markee.png]
11-20-2006 04:09 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: