What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Re passwordin chat logs

Re passwordin chat logs
Author: Message:
sophie23_98

O.P. Re passwordin chat logs
hi i wonder if some can help plz i have passworded my chat logs tht get saved but wen i try to access them i put in my password for msn and it tellin me its nt correct it tells me tht it might nt be same password as my log in msn i cant remember my password how can i find out this plz i have searched everwere to find out  if i cn change it with secret question the only one i can change is the msn password and it says this is nt the password.
11-01-2006 02:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Re passwordin chat logs
1) learn to spell, it took me a while to read ur post
2) as plus! says (not msn/wlm) the password to your chat logs isnt nececeraly ur .net passport password because you set it separetaly
3) no way to figure it out if you dont remember it
11-01-2006 02:34 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sophie23_98
Hi. I wonder if someone can help me. I have put in place a password for my chat logs that got saved but when i try to access them, I put in my password for MSN and it tells me its not correct it tells me that it might not be same password as my log in MSN. I cant remember my password how can i find out this please. I have searched everywhere to find out  if i can change it with secret question the only one i can change is the MSN password and it says this is not the password.

Fixed your grammar.

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
@Supersonicdarky
Say no more about your spelling or punctuation!

His are a lot easier to understand. :)

quote:
MSN password and it says this is not the password.

The chat log password has NOTHING to do with your login password. You can make it something else if you want. As Supersonicdarky said, theres no way to figure it out because then anyone using your computer can pretend they forgot.

This post was edited on 11-01-2006 at 08:27 PM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6575 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes, 20 seconds ago.

11-01-2006 12:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
For more technical support, please state you Messenger version, Messenger Plus! Version, and any other third-party add-ons such as Smiley Central and their versions.
No offence but how does this have anything to do with what the issue is? Who cares what version of Messenger or Plus! or even any addons they are using. If they forgot the password they forgot the password, end of story, there are no ifs ands or buts about it. I am getting sick of people posting saying what versions are you using when its not needed.

sophie, simply put your encrypted chat log password and your .Net  password are two seperate passwords unless you made them the same (which isn't very secure might I add).

When you would have set the password for your logs it would have been on this screen:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=748683].

Simply put if you forgot your password your SOL, if you remember it well then joy to the world.

[/rant]

.jpg File Attachment: Plus.Preferences.Conversation.LogsEncryption.JPG (55.22 KB)
This file has been downloaded 298 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-01-2006 at 12:49 PM by matty.
11-01-2006 12:48 PM
sophie23_98

O.P. RE: Re passwordin chat logs
thank you matty, and to everyone else i did not realise i was at school makin sure all my spellings are correct im just use to sort chat so maybe you should go back and learn how to be poilte with people i was ony asking a question didnt want a lesson on how to spell.
11-01-2006 03:23 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
thank you matty, and to everyone else i did not realise i was at school makin sure all my spellings are correct im just use to sort chat so maybe you should go back and learn how to be poilte with people i was ony asking a question didnt want a lesson on how to spell.
This is indeed not school. But on forums and other places on the net where the main communication is done via text, it is important to write in a proper way.

Short hand, sms talk, etc are not well recieved as it is extremely hard to decypher things, especially when it comes down to technical support.

Not to mention that even not everybody uses the same short hand, sms talk.

It also does not save time at all, for you and for the ones who need to read your post. People quite often don't even understand what you're writing or need to read your post several times before they understand what you're trying to say. And you quite often need to repost again your questions to make things clear.

You obviously know how to write in proper English, so do it. This isn't a giant cell phone where the number of characters used is important (and even on todays cell phones the number of characters don't even matter anymore, so no reason to write in sms style either on cell phone anymore).

Moral of the story: never use short hand, sms talk, etc when you want to communicate on the net, unless you absolutely know for certain it is allowed and will be understood.

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 01:46 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2006 03:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: