What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » SWIMMING PSM makes wlm crash on reload

SWIMMING PSM makes wlm crash on reload
Author: Message:
lovefallen

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  SWIMMING PSM makes wlm crash on reload
I tried to use swimming psm script and it installs and works fine, until i close wlm and restart it. when I do so, wlm freezes immediately while trying to connect. the window of wlm becomes unmovable and i got to ctrl alt canc to terminate it.. Then if i delete psm folder from plus scripts folder, wlm starts fine.. what the hell does this all mean, i don't know! if someone who knows jscript can search the code for some issue, and solve it, i would be absolutely grateful! :D
thanks in advance

i just need some help to make this script usable, can't someone at least say "it can be/can't be done"?  please help me.. thanks
11-01-2006 04:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: SWIMMING PSM makes wlm crash on reload
Sorry,
I don't know the script...
But I have a sugestion for you...

Why don't you try to ask the author of the script about your problem???
11-02-2006 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lovefallen

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: SWIMMING PSM makes wlm crash on reload
because i don't know how to reach him...thanks anyway!!

basically he's not member of this forum.. so it's hell of a mess to contact him!

anyone PLEASE help me... :$:^)
11-04-2006 03:52 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Simple advice: don't use the script...

For starters the script contains bugs (as you experienced) and possible bugs (in certain scenarios).

But it also does something, at least it tries, to do something which is in practice not a good way to overcome the character limit. For starters there is probably a flood protection in Messenger/protocol itself which prevents you from updating the PSM too much.

Secondly, there is a delay (which is way bigger than some milliseconds) before your contacts actually will see the PSM updating. So, in effect, they will not see your swimming PSM as you intended or want.

Thirdly, updating the PSM that often is extremely annoying to your contacts. It also requires constant data traffic as well as from your internet connection, as from the connection of your contacts...

All in all, I advice you to not use that script.

Also note that a PSM is not a book. A PSM is meant to hold some information, but it is not meant to hold 10K of texts. For normal use the maximum character length for the PSM is way big enough.

If you still want to use more characters, use an addon which is capable of boosting the character length of the PSM. But by using a script this is not possible (even if the script was bugfree, which this one is not)

This post was edited on 11-11-2006 at 12:06 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-10-2006 11:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lovefallen

– / Male / Flag
what i liked of this script is the swimming message, not the character lenght boosting, wich i agree is quite unuseful.. anyway you've listed enough defects in this program that as you say  even if it was bugfree is still to avoid.. thanks!

[Image: signatureoo2.png]
11-12-2006 06:47 PM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

If you still want to use more characters, use an addon which is capable of boosting the character length of the PSM.
You can boost the number of characters, but Micro$oft limited the length of PSMs server-side anyway, just like the nickname.
Also it's useless anyway, because if your PSM is too long it will just be turncated as the nickname+psm width is limited to the window width which is limited by the screen width, anyway, why would you want large amounts of text in it anyway? ;)
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
11-12-2006 08:35 PM
lovefallen

– / Male / Flag
... i didn't explain myself... i don't care the lenght, i wanted the swimming effect and nothing else!!!! and if there was a way to:
save script's settings
1 automatically remove script when exiting wlm
2 reinstalling it autom. when opening wlm again
3 reloading autom. script settings

i'm so stupid that i would use this script anyway... just to see that damn effect, no matter the data traffic amount!!!
my foolishness surprises me.. lol!!
[Image: signatureoo2.png]
11-13-2006 10:21 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: