What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Delayed write failed?

Delayed write failed?
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Delayed write failed?
I am running Firefox portable over a network share, and keep getting this message all the time today.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=749401]
There is a quota in place, but I'm nowhere near it. Nothing else I access is having the same problem, so it's not the connection.

any suggestions?

.jpg File Attachment: writefail.JPG (14.03 KB)
This file has been downloaded 358 time(s).
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
11-03-2006 07:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Delayed write failed?
Make sure Firefox has (write) access to that folder and that that folder actually exists.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-03-2006 07:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

Hi,

This can be caused by a Windows issue corrected in XP Service Pack 2.  If you are behind on your service packs, you should install it.  You can confirm that you are experiencing the Windows bug by checking your event log for the specific error described here.

Event 50 with other status codes can be caused by unreliable network connection.  If you are connected wirelessly, consider switching to wired or move to an area with better signal.  If you are wired, you could have a bad cable.  Also, it sometimes helps to disable auto negotiation on the network adapter (let me know if you need help with that).

If this is a school computer, I'd suggest simply reporting it to whomever you would report network issues.

This post was edited on 11-03-2006 at 09:08 PM by Adeptus.
11-03-2006 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Hi,

This can be caused by a Windows issue corrected in XP Service Pack 2.  If you are behind on your service packs, you should install it.  You can confirm that you are experiencing the Windows bug by checking your event log for the specific error described here.

Event 50 with other status codes can be caused by unreliable network connection.  If you are connected wirelessly, consider switching to wired or move to an area with better signal.  If you are wired, you could have a bad cable.  Also, it sometimes helps to disable auto negotiation on the network adapter (let me know if you need help with that).
By looking at the network path in his screenshot I'm guessing it's at school/college so won't be able to access Event Log or upgrade Service Packs.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
11-03-2006 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: