What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » fps problem.

fps problem.
Author: Message:
flanders56

They call it Me

32 / Male / –
O.P. fps problem.
basically, i play alot of counter strike 1.6, but in the past few weeks i have noticed my fps (frames per second) has limited to about 30-60 :S this is highly frustrating, giving a laggy effect although it is not my internet connection :S so what exactly is wrong with my computer or what is my computer lacking that is conciquently making my fps sooo poor. cheers.
There's only 6341 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes, 28 seconds ago until Christmas day
11-03-2006 07:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
RE: fps problem.
First of al, it might be worth running some basic spyware, virus, disk cleanup, defrag routines. Then try to remember any programs that you have recently installed. One of these might be running in the background and slowing the computer. Even a patch for the game might have some effect. Failing that, make sure that you have the newest drivers for your graphics card. The drivers might highlight any problems. For instance, the NVidia (I can't speak for ATi) control panel has a temperature monitor. It may be worth running that when playing once.

If none of that works, it may be time to plunge into the back of the computer. Dusting it down may increase cooling efficiency, and subsequently improve performance. Also, if your graphics card is quite old, it may be time for an upgrade!

Hope this helps

Robert
11-03-2006 08:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
flanders56

They call it Me

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: fps problem.
quote:
Originally posted by rob_botch
First of al, it might be worth running some basic spyware, virus, disk cleanup, defrag routines. Then try to remember any programs that you have recently installed. One of these might be running in the background and slowing the computer. Even a patch for the game might have some effect. Failing that, make sure that you have the newest drivers for your graphics card. The drivers might highlight any problems. For instance, the NVidia (I can't speak for ATi) control panel has a temperature monitor. It may be worth running that when playing once.

If none of that works, it may be time to plunge into the back of the computer. Dusting it down may increase cooling efficiency, and subsequently improve performance. Also, if your graphics card is quite old, it may be time for an upgrade!

Hope this helps

Robert

LEGEND.. if i could give u positive feedback i would.. :D ill try some of these :P
There's only 6341 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes, 28 seconds ago until Christmas day
11-03-2006 08:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: