What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Reset Password for hotmail... WTF

Reset Password for hotmail... WTF
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Reset Password for hotmail... WTF
WTF
quote:
Reset your password by e-mail
To send an e-mail message to email address here@hotmail.com, click Send Message. The message will contain instructions to help you reset your password.

-How can I get e-mail at my Hotmail or MSN inbox if I forgot my password?

im trying to reset the email password of the email address it says it will send it to... so how will i read it?

i click the thing...and it says
quote:
Click Send yourself a password reset e-mail message.

If you added an alternate e-mail address to your credentials, click Send an e-mail message to my alternate e-mail address, and then click Send Message.

where the hell is that!

quote:
–or–

If you use the Save my e-mail address and password option when you sign in, click the option to send an e-mail message to your usual e-mail address, and then click Send Message. You'll be able to access your e-mail because your password was automatically saved.

Open your alternate e-mail account, and follow the instructions in the password reset e-mail message.

usual email address? where the hell is that option too!?

this makes no sense, it just tells me it will reset the poassword, and send it to the address it is reseting!

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
11-07-2006 09:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: Reset Password for hotmail... WTF
It's been a while (measurable in years) since I've dealt with any of that, but you may wish to see if there are other password reset options available at https://accountservices.passport.net.

There at least used to be a secret question/answer reset feature.  Of course, I am not sure you ever get to select one when signing up for hotmail...
11-07-2006 10:07 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Reset Password for hotmail... WTF
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
It's been a while (measurable in years) since I've dealt with any of that, but you may wish to see if there are other password reset options available at https://accountservices.passport.net.

There at least used to be a secret question/answer reset feature.  Of course, I am not sure you ever get to select one when signing up for hotmail...

im trying to do it for a friend... and the 'hacker' changed the secret question....

chavs are so predictable... 'who is my favourite historical person'....

* M73A thinks like a chav..... Hitler!

and it worked ^o)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
11-07-2006 10:09 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

im trying to do it for a friend... and the 'hacker' changed the secret question....

chavs are so predictable... 'who is my favourite historical person'....

* M73A thinks like a chav..... Hitler!

and it worked ^o)

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!
11-07-2006 10:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
Click Send yourself a password reset e-mail message.

If you added an alternate e-mail address to your credentials, click Send an e-mail message to my alternate e-mail address, and then click Send Message.

where the hell is that!
In your .NET passport profile... where you also add your age, location, occupation, etc.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-08-2006 08:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: