What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Im about to buy...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Im about to buy...
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Im about to buy...
If I see it correctly and the mouse and keyboard is the set which I assume it is, the mouse works on batteries, it doesn't have a docking station, you must replace the batteries (take them out and recharge them).

-------

320 GB is massive for normal/average computer usage. If you can save money by specifying something lower, I would do it (but don't go below 160GB)....

After looking thru the customize your PC page, it seems 320GB is the lowest available amount. So, stick with it...

-------

As for the "free Vista upgrade".

Firstly, "upgrade" means replacing. You will not get XP and Vista. It is one of the two. As for "free" that means you wont be charged any extra if you choose Vista (normally when you upgrade to a newer or bigger OS, it will cost more).

Secondly, do not take Vista... simple as that. Although Vista has just been released as RTM, it is still prone to bugs and indeed not all programs run bug free on Vista or are even compatible with Vista. It is waaaaay too early to switch to Vista (unless you're an hard core beta tester or person who always wants the latest and newest at any cost just to have it)

Thirdly, the version of XP by default is XP Media Center! I advise you to take the £50 upgrade to XP Professional Edition as the Media Center edition lacks many stuff.

-------

The case has only a 250W PSU by default. I very extremely strongly advice you to take the £25 upgrade to a 550W PSU.

-------

By default, there aren't speakers included; sound comes from the tiny build-in speaker in the monitor. A simple stereo speaker set requires an additional £5.

-------

Note that the PC comes with MS Works, not MS Office. To have Office you need an expensive upgrade.

-------

All in all, this isn't such a cheap desktop as it might seem at first sight...

This post was edited on 11-09-2006 at 06:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-09-2006 06:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
All in all, this isn't such a cheap desktop as it might seem at first sight...

try this shop its where i will get my new pc. its (,y oppinion) very cheap an has very good stuf :)
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
11-09-2006 06:38 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

For what it is, you may aswell build your own computer, my computer is just as good as that (better graphics and RAM) and it cost me ~£600.
11-09-2006 06:44 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Umm well about their free upgrade, get all the info on what they meen HERE

It seems like quite a nice set-up though. Allthough it only has a 350GB HDD, i'd probably want a bigger hard drive. but that's up to you :P

This post was edited on 11-09-2006 at 07:15 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
11-09-2006 07:12 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Umm well about their free upgrade, get all the info on what they meenHERE

It seems like quite a nice set-up though. Allthough it only has a 350GB HDD, i'd probably want a bigger hard drive. but that's up to you :P
True enough, I only have 160 but god I have to get my ass to a shop :P

But if you want the PC fast that one isn't so bad. But if you want a PC for the most of the money, build it. :)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
11-09-2006 07:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: