What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How do I avoid offline chat?

How do I avoid offline chat?
Author: Message:
-Pablo-

– / – / Flag
O.P. How do I avoid offline chat?
I have my PC always running, so I have set WLM+MsgPlus to change status to Offline after some time of inactivity, in order to avoid people starting chats with me and thinking that I don't wana answer to them or sth like that...
The matter os that a lot of times I come back to the computer and forget to change back my status. Then I may start a conversation and my friend won't be able to answer, coz I'm still as offline.
So, i would like to know if there is any way of changing this behaviour to hat of previous versions, when one couldn't start chatting while "Offline".
11-10-2006 04:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag
RE: How do I avoid offline chat?
I recommend this It blocks people for a certain ammount of time which you set and after that time it'll unblock them, I suppose its not what you was wanting but when im away i just set my status to busy and then like set the unblock time to like 4000 seconds meaning they'll still be blocked by the time i get back so i can manually unblock them.
Read the Thread for more info about it

This post was edited on 11-11-2006 at 02:18 PM by EBFL.
I'm awesome

11-10-2006 05:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -Pablo-
I have my PC always running, so I have set WLM+MsgPlus to change status to Offline after some time of inactivity, in order to avoid people starting chats with me and thinking that I don't wana answer to them or sth like that...
The matter os that a lot of times I come back to the computer and forget to change back my status. Then I may start a conversation and my friend won't be able to answer, coz I'm still as offline.
So, i would like to know if there is any way of changing this behaviour to hat of previous versions, when one couldn't start chatting while "Offline".
If you start a conversation while you are set as "Appear Offline" your contact will be able to talk to you too.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-12-2006 01:22 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
my PC always running, so I have set WLM+MsgPlus to change status to Offline after some time of inactivity, in order to avoid people starting chats with me and thinking that I don't wana answer to them or sth like that...
The
true, but if your status is apper offline, your contact might not know they are able to reply as the last 7 versions of MSN did not allow that
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6652 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes, 43 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
11-12-2006 01:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How do I avoid offline chat?
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you start a conversation while you are set as "Appear Offline" your contact will be able to talk to you too.
true, but if your status is apper offline, your contact might not know they are able to reply as the last 7 versions of MSN did not allow that
People rarely check the upper statusmessage in the conversation to see if someone is online or not (the status message isn't very clear either anyways).

If people recieve text, they simply reply to it (and only later will find out if the message couldn't be send or not -if that was the case-; and then wonder how on earth they got a message in the first place... so all in all, people will reply anyways instead of checking and then thinking "hmmm, he is offline so it is uselles to reply now")...

PS: fix your quote in your post ;)

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 02:29 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-12-2006 02:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: