What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Patchou, are you ever going to...

Patchou, are you ever going to...
Author: Message:
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Patchou, are you ever going to...
make a version of plus! 3.xx that supports bb code because i use plus live but my friends don't so I have to use the old formatting codes and it gets really annoying.
Hope you can do this
11-10-2006 07:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Patchou, are you ever going to...
I doubt it, as development on Plus! 3 has been frozen in favour of developing Plus! Live.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-10-2006 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
well, you can always set "Use IRC style format codes" in the preference sfor the keyboard shortcuts.... appart from automatic color gradients, you'll have about the same functionnality.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-12-2006 04:03 AM
tony

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
make a version of plus! 3.xx that supports bb code because i use plus live but my friends don't so I have to use the old formatting codes and it gets really annoying.
Hope you can do this

that would be great.
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
11-12-2006 04:03 AM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I think I remember recommending somewhere for someone to use regexp to get the colors from the BBCode and to then put it into the IRC format and if they wanted to make the gradients work as well they could use the code from gradient (see my sig for the link) and make it for a specific list of people.  I would do this myself except I'm no good with regexp (I really should learn).  This might not make the MP! 3.xx contacts be able to see your bbcode but it will convert it over for you so you don't have to worry about it (well except for the extra characters with the gradients).
[Image: markee.png]
11-12-2006 04:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
How hard is it to learn IRC codes? :P Ctrl+b for bold, ctrl+k for colour and so on. Its all written in the Plus! Preferences box ;) If you don't remember a certain code, never fear, ctrl+r will save you ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-12-2006 06:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
felixsmile

Hello everyone,

This is about the same question than I asked myself, only that I am using Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.

Is it possible to send messages with a colour gradient (although this one does not need to be "perfect") to people who are not using Messenger Plus! ? I think these people do see different colours when I change the colours manually, so I thought, maybe it would be possible to make a script or something of the kind?

If you can support me, I can try making one, or adapting one of the already existing scripts.

Thank you very much in advance,

Felix.
11-12-2006 07:40 AM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Patchou, are you ever going to...
quote:
Originally posted by felixsmile
Hello everyone,

This is about the same question than I asked myself, only that I am using Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.

Is it possible to send messages with a colour gradient (although this one does not need to be "perfect") to people who are not using Messenger Plus! ? I think these people do see different colours when I change the colours manually, so I thought, maybe it would be possible to make a script or something of the kind?

If you can support me, I can try making one, or adapting one of the already existing scripts.

Felix.
To see colours you need at least msg plus 3.xx. sorry
11-12-2006 08:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by felixsmile
Hello everyone,

Felix.

to show colours, you'll need to put it on bbcode (that's the easiest) and use [c=xxxxxx][/c=iiiiii], so basically do the colour code at one end, what you want for a gradient after that, then to close the tag use another colour code:

code:
[c=red]blueeeee[/c=blue]

That will work fine.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=752319]

.jpg File Attachment: example.JPG (98.99 KB)
This file has been downloaded 267 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 08:31 AM by user27089.
11-12-2006 08:27 AM
felixsmile

Thank you all for your replies.

Well, I suppose it's not possible then :(

If people don't use Windows and the Messenger Plus!, they'll have to do without nice little gradients. :)

I wish you all a nice day, thanks again,

Felix.
11-12-2006 08:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: