What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Sign out button in conversation window

Sign out button in conversation window
Author: Message:
BrendanL

!..............Plus!..............!

– / Male / –
O.P. Sign out button in conversation window
Can anyone create a script or something so the sign out button is in the convo window? [Image: signoutbuttonrn1.jpg] http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4285/signoutbuttonrn1.jpg. If you can, thanks a lot because I'd like it if I were able to sign out through a conversation window.
11-12-2006 06:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Sign out button in conversation window
You can type "/signout" into the text area and signout that way with messenger plus! but if you want something like a button like that I would recommend you ask the developers of mess path or a-patch for this as it is a lot more likely to be added there (not to mention this isn't simple like most other scripts as this requires patching messenger itself).
[Image: markee.png]
11-12-2006 06:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BrendanL

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sign out button in conversation window
Thanks, I have no idea about scripting and patching, I just keep asking developers to do something that is impossible to do within a script.
11-12-2006 06:37 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It might be possible to do this with a script but it wouldn't be practible in use, because you need to restart messenger each time you add or remove that button anyways.

So doing this with a script would be almost useless...

Do as markee suggested and ask the developpers of A-Patch and/or MessPatch to add it in their patches.

This post was edited on 11-12-2006 at 01:54 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-12-2006 01:54 PM
BrendanL

– / Male / –
yeah I guess I could do that.
11-12-2006 04:25 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
well, I guess it could be done using the same technique Timezone uses. just replace the clock in it with a button.
I don't know if you can make it look as nice as the other buttons (don't know that much about PlusWnds), but it would be a signout button in the chatwindow ;)
11-12-2006 06:00 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
well, I guess it could be done using the same technique Timezone uses. just replace the clock in it with a button.
I don't know if you can make it look as nice as the other buttons (don't know that much about PlusWnds), but it would be a signout button in the chatwindow ;)

This could work but I wouldn't recommend anyone adding any button to the chat window through msgplus.  Because it is only floating over the window you can have problems when you change the size of the window and it also would take a great deal of effort to get it sitting correctly to begin with.  If it was part of a patch then this would be a lot nicer to use and would fit better.  That's just my opinion anyway.

Btw, it wouldn't be overly difficult to do with some ajdustment to Timezone but for the reasons I have stated, I wouldn't like to be the one to make that script considering there could be a lot of complaining about it not being right.  I think there has been a discussion about adding buttons to the chat window through scripts already but I'm too lazy to go searching for it.
[Image: markee.png]
11-13-2006 03:04 AM
BrendanL

– / Male / –
yeah I see. I'm still waiting for some patch developer to make it :P
11-13-2006 03:07 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus

Thats my usual suggestion with things of this nature. It is a pain to position correctly though. I either try to adapt the TimeZone script or use code for the iTunes+ miniplayer (in the contact list)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-13-2006 03:14 AM
BrendanL

– / Male / –
Well everyone, I finally got my sign-out button! On mess.be for the new Mess Patch, it says,
quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
- The Sign-Out button can now also be added to the conversation's top toolbar (as requested by BrendanL).
- Rest in peace, Mess.be custom games...
- And for some bad ass bug fixing: the CustoMess button will now appear correctly if the software is installed (reported by salus), the search bar on the contact list gets removed properly and the "Get accessories" link now gets removed completely (both reported by Mad_Griffith).
I finally have my sign-out button! Here is the link for the request on mess.be. http://forum.mess.be/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=19616&st=0#entry155810

This post was edited on 12-23-2006 at 05:37 PM by BrendanL.
12-23-2006 05:30 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: