What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted

How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted
Author: Message:
nehakaul

O.P. How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted
I deleted messenger plus because my emotions were not showing up. I was going to reinstall windows live and messenger plus again. But what I didn't realize was that it would delete my previous log scripts. After I deleted it, I retrieved all my messenger plus files from the recycle bin. Now I have files from messenger plus under program files, but I do not know which file the log scripts is saved it. Is there some file I can run to setup the same messenger plus on my messenger and retrieve the lost script files!! Plsss help... I really need these logs!!
11-13-2006 02:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Panachiba

Spanish User/Helper, Chile Presente!

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted

wlm>tools>options>mesages>and enable the 2 first options (to the emotions)

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 03:04 AM by Panachiba.
Chile!!!!Seba!, Comunidad Hispana oficial
[Image: seba18an.jpg?dc=4675511111826395393]
[Image: panachiba.gif]
11-13-2006 03:02 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
The Messenger Plus! Live chat logs if encryoted can only be viewed with Messenger Plus! Live Chat Log Viewer which is apart of Messenger Plus! Live. (wow that was wordy).
11-13-2006 03:17 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Panachiba
wlm>tools>options>mesages>and enable the 2 first options (to the emotions)
Is not that, Panachiba...
As I understand, he/she wants logs back, that were lost in this unistal of Plus!... Any idea???

Sorry, I don't know what you will need to do. But I think if you can have your logs back, is gonna be hard... (correct me if I'm wrong, people)..

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 03:22 AM by MicroWay.
11-13-2006 03:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
nehakaul,

Before anyone can reply in a decent way to your question (tssk tssk to people who already replied* :p)), you should describe clearly with the correct words what your problem is.

I understand you don't know English that well. Though, in that case it is especially important that you try and describe your problem as accurate, detailed and in as many clear steps as possible.

Things to know:
- scripts are small program files which are run in Messenger Plus!. They are _always_ located in the subdirectory "\Scripts". Thus this is usually "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts"

- logs are files which contain the conversations you had with your contacts. They are located in the log directory and this directory can be anything (but it surely will not be "C:\Program Files" by default!!!)

- Scripts have got nothing todo with logs, so "which file the log scripts is saved" makes no sense. It is either a script or either a log, not "log scripts".

- When you undelete files from the recycle bin, they are _always_ moved back to their original location already.

- When you state "I have files from messenger plus under program files" it makes little sense, as not one single file of Messenger Plus! (nor Messenger itself) will be installed in "C:\Program Files"....

Unless you mean you have a subdirectory "\MSN Messenger" and "\Messenger Plus! Live" which contains files; this will be normal.

- All in all, I really don't get what you want... I understand you have undeleted some files from the recycle bin, but further than that I don't get (I don't even get if those files were logs or scripts or whatever) :/

So can you explain again in a clear and detailed way, step per step:
1) what you did
2) what happened
3) what you want

?

;)

----------------

* To people who already replied: please make sure you know exactly what he means before trying to help. Not only do I see replies here which I'm certain don't have anything todo with it, some replies are even wrong if they were about what you think it is (I'm sorry to say this though :().

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 03:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-13-2006 03:51 AM
nehakaul

O.P. Roll Eyes  RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted
Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the prompt replies! I really appreciate it! Infact I was quite taken aback to see the number of replies for my query, because I really didn't expect it... at least not this soon!

Cookie Revised, thanks for your concern, but I certainly do not have any trouble with my English. I may have not explained my situation aptly though. Micro Way got me right on the problem. I'm stating it in detail here.

To begin with, I uninstalled Messenger Plus! Live ( for Window Live Messenger). After which I realized that I had lost my chat logs (not scripts, my bad). In an attempt to retrieve them, I recovered all my deleted messenger plus live files from the recycle bin. Thus these files were put back in their original location i.e, C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live.

Now inside this location there are currently 13 files/folders recovered.
1. Interface (folder)
2. Languages (folder)
3. Scripts (folder)
4. Detoured.dll
5. Events Style Sheet
6. lame_enc.dll
7. libsndfile.dll
8. Log Viewer
9. MPScripts.dll
10. Mptools
11. MSgPlusLive.dll
12. MSgPlusLiveRes.dll
13. Uninstall

I tried looking for the log's in Log Viewer but strangley I just found really old logs and nothing new... nothing after I had installed Messenger Plus! Live (I had Messenger Plus 3 before that).

So I was wondering if there was a file in this above location, by running which I could reinstall Messenger Plus Live and automatically get my chat logs back.

I hope I have explained the problem clearly this time around.

Thanks once again for all your help! :D

11-14-2006 05:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted
quote:
Originally posted by nehakaul
I hope I have explained the problem clearly this time around.

Absolutely...

quote:
Originally posted by nehakaul
To begin with, I uninstalled Messenger Plus! Live ( for Window Live Messenger). After which I realized that I had lost my chat logs (not scripts, my bad). In an attempt to retrieve them, I recovered all my deleted messenger plus live files from the recycle bin. Thus these files were put back in their original location i.e, C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live.

Now inside this location there are currently 13 files/folders recovered.
1. Interface (folder)
2. Languages (folder)
3. Scripts (folder)
4. Detoured.dll
5. Events Style Sheet
6. lame_enc.dll
7. libsndfile.dll
8. Log Viewer
9. MPScripts.dll
10. Mptools
11. MSgPlusLive.dll
12. MSgPlusLiveRes.dll
13. Uninstall

I tried looking for the log's in Log Viewer but strangley I just found really old logs and nothing new... nothing after I had installed Messenger Plus! Live (I had Messenger Plus 3 before that).

So I was wondering if there was a file in this above location, by running which I could reinstall Messenger Plus Live and automatically get my chat logs back.
No, there is not a magic tool to bring back things which are gone (well, except for recycle bin and maybe an undelete program, but that's it)...

If you recovered the directory "\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live", then everything which was originally in that directory will be put back, nothing will be left out by the recycle bin.

So, the reason why you don't see new (Plus!Live) logs there is most likely because they weren't there in the first place.

Try looking in your user's "Documents and Settings" directory (also look in the recylce bin for that).

If all things fail, and you are pretty certain that the logs must still exist somewhere, search your entire hard disk for files in the form "contacts@mail.com.html" and/or "contacts@mail.com.txt".

And if you're really lucky (and you didn't select 'remove preferences from the registry') when you uninstalled Plus!, you can find the log directory by opening your registry editor and going to
"HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your_msn_mail\Preferences\" and checking out the LogsDirectory value.

This post was edited on 11-15-2006 at 02:09 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2006 02:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: