What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...

Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...
Author: Message:
bboy_sonik

SoniK Power!

37 / Male / –
O.P. Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...
Hi everyone, first post so ill just say hello before i ask my question... I've known about Messenger Plus! for some time but only really recently got into customizing my Live Messenger to the full extent that i could. One very handy script that i like is the "Display Picture Status Changer" that sets a certain display picture when you change status. I apologize for being rude, but i'll get into the question...

What i have on my PC is a bunch of display pictures i have created / downloaded that resemble my current status or mood (for example, "Happy", "Playing a Game", "Making Graphics", etc), and i've been searching for a way to switch to each picture with custom status change, or some other way...

Basically what i want is a way to QUICKLY (ie, from the Messenger Plus! button) change my display picture and possibly append some text to my display name or change the Personal Text to what the display picture signifies. An ideal script would allow this....

Click on the mesenger plus icon, goto "Moods/Status" menu, click on "Playing a game". The display picture then changes to my "Playing a Game" picture that i have in my script folder, my status changes to busy, and the "Playing a Game" text is either appended to my display name or my Personalized Message is changed to that (doesnt matter, i can add options to choose either or both).

I have taken a look at the code for the "Display Picture Status Changer" (the script can be found here) and have figured out the part of changing the display picture... but they are based on monitoring the internal status changes of MSN Messenger, as the code below shows...

code:
if(Stat == 2) {
             //Appear Offline
             Messenger.MyDisplayPicture = MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath + "\\images\\offline.jpg";

{etcetera}

Now i'm brand new to this scripting, but here are my questions...

1. I first thought of just modifying the above mentioned script to compensate for custom status changes (possibly to check for certain text in the Display Name / Personal Message, if that is even possible i do not know) but then i realized that the "Custom Status" section in the Messenger Plus! options only allows for Busy/Away modes...  I would like some of my 'Moods / Status' options to LEAVE me as Online, just change my display picture and append/change my Personal Message/Display Name.... so how can I set my status to Busy, Away or online in a script?
2. How hard is it to create a menu like i mentioned above?

Erm... im sure i'll have more questions, but this post is already super-huge so ill cut it here....

I'd really appreciate any help you guys can give and thanks in advance for it, but as i said im new to this scripting - i did check out the Messenger Plus! scripting docs but didnt really get any answers, but yer... errr.... i hope someone can help me out here. Im surprised nothing like this has been done before because... well, to be frank, i think its an awesome idea :P

Thanks for the help guys. I hope to hear from someone very soon. Peace!

11-13-2006 08:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bboy_sonik

SoniK Power!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...
Sly bump...

I got an e-mail saying somone has replied (MicroWay apparently), but there are no replies yet....? Strange....
11-14-2006 01:21 AM
Psychotic-Retard

omg grim reaper beat me at poker!

– / Male / –
RE: Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...
maybe sum1 posted but the post was deleted
look! a dancing turtle! [Image: 732892778440cb32d008927mt.gif]      [Image: lostjokewg2.gif]

11-14-2006 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...
If I remember, I've really reply it, but not what you wanted (maybe why I probably deleted the post)...
Anyway, I've just linked this to you: Display Picture Changer - Released
But this script automaticly change the DP in a period of time...

Edit: If you want, I erase this reply too... No problem... ;)

This post was edited on 11-15-2006 at 02:27 AM by MicroWay.
11-15-2006 02:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bboy_sonik

SoniK Power!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Change display picture with CUSTOM status change...
No thats fine, that script will help my efforts to create this script.

But.. do you guys know what i am trying to do? Do you think its a good idea or would be useful? I guess ill just have to do some research in scripting...

I want to find out how to....

1. Change your status with a script, and
2. Add a menu for this (will probably be the most difficult part...)

I think the hardest part will be a feature that actually allows you to add moods / statuses without editing the script, and select them in the menu... i will probably release it as a script that you have to manually edit at first... then i might need some help with a menu and such probably....

I do a lot of advanced batch programming and also use AWK everyday at work, but im brand new to scripting.. so this will be a challenge for me :S

Can anyone provide a link to a more complete resource for scripting referance and how-to? The official scripting guide isnt too helpful as it doesnt list all of the commands i have found in various scripts....

Thanks for your help guys.
11-15-2006 05:59 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: