What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Offline messaging problem

Offline messaging problem
Author: Message:
mse

O.P. Dodgy  Offline messaging problem
I have a big problem with one of the Windows Live Messenger's features: offline messaging.

Well the thing is that while I was offline for 10 minutes or so, one of my contacts sent me a message full of custom emoticons (that monkey (6)) and there must have been couple hundred of those. Now every time I log in to WLM it freezes because it tries to get messages I got while being offline. The contact who did this said someone had done this to him and told me that letting it run on the background for 5-10 minutes should be enough to get it back working again. However every 5 minutes or so it disconnects and tries to connect again and then it freezes again.

What I would like to know is how to turn this feature off without logging in with my main account. Is there some file where WLM stores it's settings or are those settings stored in my account somehow? Could it be possible to make another account and change the settings of WLM with it so that those settings stay when I log in with my main account?

It would be nice if someone could help me out with this.

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 01:34 PM by mse.
11-13-2006 01:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Offline messaging problem
You could try to change the Offline Messaging feature to display an URL to the message instead if showing it automaticly.

First of all, go to http://www.m00.cx/misc/msgrid.php to get your messenger id

Go to start -> Run -> write: regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> MSNMessenger -> Find your messenger id
Now you see a whole bunch of options to change, you need to find "ConsolidateOIMs", doubleclick that and press Delete, now write: 01, press OK, and you're done.
11-13-2006 02:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mse

O.P. RE: Offline messaging problem
Yeah I found the messenger ID from regedit and edited the ConsolidateOIMs setting to mentioned, but it still freezes right after logging in. :(

Anything else I could try?

This post was edited on 11-14-2006 at 02:26 AM by mse.
11-13-2006 02:44 PM
mse

O.P. RE: Offline messaging problem
Ok found a quite simple solution to my problem.

I copied my every contact's e-mails to notepad, took backups of my Messenger Plus! settings and I went online and deleted my netpassport account. After this I made a new one using the same e-mail and added my contacts to the contact list.

Back working again. :)
11-14-2006 01:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: