What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Converter

[Release] Message Converter
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] Message Converter
Messenger Converter is made to convert BBCode style message formatting into IRC style formatting so that it makes it easier on people.  There isn't anything to individualize the people who this script works on yet and I haven't been able to get gradients working properly yet either, I'll hopefully put them in future releases.

This script is my first attempt at regular expressions so any advice on making them better or using them in a better way is greatly appreciated.  Also if you are looking at the code you will notice that  have got it ready for when i work out how I'm going to do gradients.

Have fun and enjoy.

Markee

.plsc File Attachment: Message Converter.plsc (2.25 KB)
This file has been downloaded 222 time(s).
[Image: markee.png]
11-20-2006 04:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Message Converter
good work markee.... even thought i know how to do IRC style formating this is quite good i cant wait till you get gradients working too ;)

(Y)
11-20-2006 05:33 AM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Thanks markee, yh i can't wait either till you get gradients working. Also maybe have the option to do the oposite, IRC to BB
11-20-2006 05:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Message Converter
theres no real point in IRC to BBCode  because MP!L can have both, it is just MP! 3.xx that can only have IRC.  The gradient stuff is going to be very tricky so don't be surprised if the script doesn't get developed any further apart from a feature to only use this script on selected contacts.  I will try my best but there are some big problems when trying to do this, especially with the overlapping of formatting characters.  I will try but I probably won't succeed I'm sorry to say.  Thanks anyway.
[Image: markee.png]
11-20-2006 06:06 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I decided against doing the gradient when I developed a similar script for PSM+ as it would be too difficult... I'd love to see it done if you manage it so I could steal it ;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-20-2006 06:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: