What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » About Personalized Status ??

About Personalized Status ??
Author: Message:
jimhsu

O.P. About Personalized Status ??
I have two live messenger account
I want both two have the same Personalized Status
For example, if I type the shortcut to change the status
Can both two has the same status at the same time?

Thanks.
11-15-2006 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: About Personalized Status ??
(correct me if I'm wrong, but...)
I think that you have to make it one by one as you have 2 WLM opened and 2Plus! associated with than. And remember that the WLMs works in parallel (sorry if was writen wrong) and Plus!s too...
;)
11-15-2006 01:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jimhsu

O.P. RE: About Personalized Status ??
First, thank you!

I try it, bus it doesn't work
Just only one account change

Is there anyone knows?? thanks
11-15-2006 01:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: About Personalized Status ??
When you talk about two accounts, you're talking about two different and independant processes (although it is the same program, they are two different things).

In order to let them communicate with eachother you need one which gives an instructions to the other and vice versa, but in such a way that they wont conflict with eachother. In other words, you need something to let them syncronize.

There are advanced ways of doing this with Windows APIs by creating semaphores, mutexes, etc. But those also require call backs which isn't possible in pure scripting alone.

Or you could broadcast a system wide windows message. But this requires your script to be able to react on such broadcasts (and it also may not react on its own broadcasting of course).

Or you could (still advanced, and more dodgy IMHO) send a 'simple' window message to a specific window from one process to the other. But in order to know to which window you need to send it, you need again a global identifier between the two, eg: a window class name, or some user defined data bytes in a window. This requires on its turn to modify the window which is created by your script using Windows APIs. And it would require the window to always be there (it can be hidden though).

All in all, it isn't that straightforward to do something like that at all and requires advanced scripting (and very good knowledge of the Windows APIs), but it is not impossible to do.

------------------

A simple method/trick you can do is to let the communication take place over Messenger itself. Thus from account 1 you send a specific chat message to account 2 which will react upon it.

But of course, this requires that both accounts are signed in and online, that the msn servers are online, etc...

It is also not very secure and might fail in some situations.

--------

EDIT: fixed some spelling

This post was edited on 07-19-2008 at 08:23 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2006 03:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jimhsu

O.P. RE: About Personalized Status ??
Thanks for reply.
It seems like not a easy job.

I'll wait~~~

11-15-2006 05:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode