What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
Author: Message:
summermuggy

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
[link deleted]

the antivirus software on my laptop wont let me use that one. and since its a laptop from my work i cant disable the antivir. therefore i need that other program

This post was edited on 11-22-2006 at 05:15 PM by WDZ.
11-22-2006 02:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
You don't need any program

(helpers: stop providing tools which can be abused. Rather suggest the proper normal way for retrieving passwords)

-------------

Why don't you go to the .NET Passport site ('Windows Live ID' now) and ask for a password email to be send to you... This is the best option you'll have.

It also excludes the possebility that you're trying to get passwords from accounts you do not own.

-

Go to the account services of the .NET Passport site ('Windows Live ID' now):
https://accountservices.passport.net/...

...and click on 'forgot your password?' underneath the signin box...

...you'll come to:
https://accountservices.passport.net/uiresetpw.srf

There you can reset and/or change your passwords.

-------------
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
Originally posted by summermuggy
BTW, this is the link that doesnt work any more: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63123

That seems to be moved to a private forum :undecided:.
For obvious reasons as it could easly be abused.

Just as on other well known forums where the links and/or code to this has been removed too.

This post was edited on 11-22-2006 at 03:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-22-2006 02:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
summermuggy

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You don't need any program

(helpers: stop providing tools which can be abused. Rather suggest the proper normal way for retrieving passwords)

-------------

Why don't you go to the .NET Passport site ('Windows Live ID' now) and ask for a password email to be send to you... This is the best option you'll have.

It also excludes the possebility that you're trying to get passwords from accounts you do not own.

-

Go to the account services of the .NET Passport site ('Windows Live ID' now):
https://accountservices.passport.net/...

...and click on 'forgot your password?' underneath the signin box...

...you'll come to:
https://accountservices.passport.net/uiresetpw.srf

where you can reset your passwords.

-------------
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
BTW, this is the link that doesnt work any more: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63123

That seems to be moved to a private forum :undecided:.
For obvious reasons as it could easly be abused.

I think you are misunderstaning something. There is absolutely nothing illegal about programs that retrieve old password installed on my own computer.

And if I really wanted to gain acces to someones email account I could just do as you said by resetting the password and then block the original user, and then go dig in the inbox...but this is not the case!

What you are saying is the same as CD burning software as Nero should be forbidden since it could be used to do something illegal..

As I said before; I need to retrieve the laptop is messed up and needs to be formatted. When I re-install messenger I can't do anything, it has saved my login info, but when i logon an error msg comes and it shot down.

Therefore I need to retrieve my own password (which is in no way illegal)

I hope someone can help me:|

11-22-2006 02:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login informati
quote:
I think you are misunderstaning something. There is absolutely nothing illegal about programs that retrieve old password installed on my own computer.
I understand it perfectly though, and I never said it would be illegal if it is on your own computer retrieving your own password.

I said such tools could be abused. And since there is no way of knowing if you (or anyone else who reads these posts!!!) are going to use them for the proper reasons, I fail to see why we should brake the forum rules and provide you with tools which make it very easy for abusers to misuse them. While on the same time there is a perfectly safe method to get your passwords again with the method I described in previous post.

quote:
And if I really wanted to gain acces to someones email account I could just do as you said by resetting the password and then block the original user, and then go dig in the inbox...but this is not the case!
I think you don't understand it. You can not reset a password from someone else, since the mail which will be send with confirmation and the new password will be send to the owner of the account, not to the one who resets the password.

quote:
I hope someone can help me:|
sorry, but I just did.

Why don't you follow the steps I've given? If you're the owner of the account, then you have your passwords in no time.

This post was edited on 11-22-2006 at 03:14 PM by CookieRevised.
11-22-2006 03:09 PM
summermuggy

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login informati
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I understand it perfectly though, and I never said it would be illegal if it is on your own computer retrieving your own password.

I said such tools could be abused. And since there is no way of knowing if you (or anyone else who reads these posts!!!) are going to use them for the proper reasons, I fail to see why we should brake the forum rules and provide you with tools which make it very easy for abusers to misuse them. While on the same time there is a perfectly safe method to get your passwords again with the method I described in previous post.

quote:
I think you don't understand it. You can not reset a password from someone else, since the mail which will be send with confirmation and the new password will be send to the owner of the account, not to the one who resets the password.

Why don't you follow the steps I've given? If you're the owner of the account, then you have your passwords in no time.

I think i tried to explain why i can't retrieve it that way. and i got your point, so why dont you just ignore this asking for help, if you are not willing to help?? i think myself and others have gotten your point!

btw; here is a tool that could be used for very illegal things: http://www.nero.com/eng/Downloads.html (actually people who have abused it have gone to jail.

however i'm posting the link because the program itself livesaving for people who actually need it and use it properly. thus we can't judge everyone because some people have bad intention (the same way you cant ban knives because a few people kill others with them).

so to end stupid discussion please do not repeat your point, or start a thread somewhere else..thank you

and help to solve my problem is still needed! thanks.
11-22-2006 03:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
quote:
I think i tried to explain why i can't retrieve it that way.
You _can_ retrieve it that way. In fact it is especially made for situations like this... Saying you can't only proofs that you didn't try.

quote:
and i got your point, so why dont you just ignore this asking for help, if you are not willing to help?? i think myself and others have gotten your point!
You clearly didn't got my point. And I'm always willing to help (which everybody on this forum can confirm).

quote:
so to end stupid discussion please do not repeat your point, or start a thread somewhere else..thank you
I do as if I didn't read that as I don't need a reminder of what the forums rules are.

quote:
and help to solve my problem is still needed! thanks.
follow my advise and your problem is solved.

It's your loss if you're not willing to follow perfectly working and valid advise.
11-22-2006 03:30 PM
summermuggy

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
i think you are being very controlling. we live in a free world and i can choose not to follow your advice. it is nothing personal. please stop harassing me.

and i am still interested if any one can help my with that messenger password retriever. the nirsoft.net one didnt help me out. does anyone still have the one ABSORBATION referred to?

(QUOTE:  here is a small program to revive your passwords:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63123 )

This post was edited on 11-22-2006 at 03:45 PM by summermuggy.
11-22-2006 03:37 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
(QUOTE:  here is a small program to revive your passwords:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63123 )

The program was open source, that's how people could abuse it. However there are many places now hosting that code, and I do see it as a little stupid to be hiding it. You obviously need it.

This post was edited on 11-22-2006 at 03:57 PM by absorbation.
11-22-2006 03:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
The program was open source, that's how people could abuse it. However there are many places now hosting that code, and I do see it as a little stupid to be hiding it. You obviously need it.
he doesn't need it....

People forgot their passwords in the past too, when this code wasn't available. Hence why their always was a perfect valid way of retrieving passwords: the way I described. Which already helped millions of people in the past who where in the exact same situation as he.

Is it that hard to believe that Microsoft already has this mechanism to retrieve lost passwords? Or is it because that service can't be used to retrieve passwords from other people?

If he doesn't want to use that service, it's his loss and then I can only wonder about the true reasons he needs to retrieve his passwords.

His reasons might be as he described, but then that also means he can perfectly use the provided service. If his reasons are not what he said, he indeed can't use that service but then again we also can't provide him with the tools to do his illegal action.

The code and tool was removed because it could _easly_ be abused by people who otherwise wouldn't know how. Of course there are other ways, but those ways are seldom known by 'copy/paste script kiddies'. Putting such tools and code on this forum only helps those people in their abuse.

This is the very same reason why that tool and code has been removed from other forums too btw.

If people can't accept the perfect valid and proper advise given to them it is their loss. If he comes here asking for help, he should also be willing to accept help, which he clearly doesn't and rather simply dismisses it because it is not what he expected it to be, together with accusing me of not wanting to help, harassing him, not knowing forum rules and that crap of "it's a free world and I do what I want".

This post was edited on 11-22-2006 at 04:15 PM by CookieRevised.
11-22-2006 04:12 PM
summermuggy

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger Login Info - How to transfer saved Login information?
one last time, if you would read my posts you would understand that i cannot use your advise that because i have been used messenger to login but now i cant use messenger.

its a laptop from my work and amongst those things that are currupted is the VPN-client i have to log on to get online. the IT-department have told me that it needs to be formatted, but before i do so i want to retrieve my password. so one last time: i cannot use you method. and it is harrasment if you keep accusing me of doing illegal. its called libel. so please stop harrasing me and continue to post the same post with your same stupid point!

and yes, ABSORBATION, i do need the program to revive my password, as there is no other way for me (and yes, i have tried).

so my qustion is:

does anyone have that program to revive auto-saved messenger passwords?

(and if you do not - or dont want to post a link - then please do not reply)
11-22-2006 04:33 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: