What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Flash random timings (animation)

Flash random timings (animation)
Author: Message:
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Flash random timings (animation)
Hey everyone. I'm seemingly back for a bit. Not like anyone noticed i was gone, but yeah, to the point of the thread:

I'm creating a flash animation where at the end of it i'll have 6 characters presenting something within the flash (so there are 6 characters and basically a projector screen thingy) but i wanted the characters to have mannerisms. For example, my character within i has a mannerism of folding his arms and cracking his neck. I also wanted them to blink at random intervals.

Now the problem occurs when i try to think how i'm going to code it to basically say take a variable x, and choose an interger between 1 and 10, then reply the blink animation every ten seconds. (or say, have the animation on a constant loop, and have a pause where the script pasues for x seconds). I then need this to replicate for the main mannerism, with say y seconds.

So, questions: is it possible to declare a variable like this and then use it within actionscript?? Thanks for any input provided.
formerly methos
11-22-2006 07:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: