What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Blocked contact

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Blocked contact
Author: Message:
Andromeda

I'm being smart? How would you know?

– / Female / –
O.P. Blocked contact
Ok, I blocked and deleted a contact from my msn list. Now somehow, and I have no idea how, whether it was him on his own or a mutual friend that helped him, but he managed to get switched from my block list and put back onto my allow list. I did not put him there. It virtually happened before my eyes.  One minute he's blocked, the next he's messaging me cuz he isnt anymore?

I know it must be some sort of hack, but what I'd like to know is 1). how he did it, and 2). how do i prevent him doing it again.

I thought that adding someone to your block list meant they stay blocked. If there is a way around it, there must be a way to secure it.

Totally shocked and scratching head here (my head really hurts now ;))

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 06:07 PM by Andromeda.
[Image: WulframAd468x60.png]
11-23-2006 06:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kmDTA01

RE: Blocked contact
Ok andromeda it seems the problem is the person may have used the msn magic plus tool to get unblocked from your msn as of yet the live team are working on a way to counteract this and unfortunatly nothing can be done as of yet
11-23-2006 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
quad droople

– / Male / –
isnt magic a wonderful thing eh? a thing of the past and now the future 0.0 how amazing

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 06:14 PM by quad droople.
[Image: nwcopywl9.jpg]
11-23-2006 06:13 PM
Andromeda

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Blocked contact
Magic plus tool? Omg, I haven't even heard of that. Is it easy to use? Can anybody add it? What is the point of having a block option if all somebody had to do is download a simple program to get around it?

Fortunately, the person who did this was just playing with me. I only removed him from my contacts cuz he's not really a friend of mine, we just share a mutual friend and I didn't see any point on keeping him on my contacts. But, there are a few ppl I really want to keep blocked and for good reason.

I can't believe it's so easy......
11-23-2006 06:19 PM
kmDTA01

It is not readily available, it can only be found on a site with special permission unfortunatly i do not have access right now this is why it is hard for the live team to stop the usage as they are unable to get hold of the code used to create it
11-23-2006 06:22 PM
Andromeda

– / Female / –
It can't be that hard for the live team to find out what the code is surely? If people can get hold of it so easily, and sure, I accept that not everyone has permission to get onto this site, but I would imagine that anybody with a little bit of knowledge could do it quite easily, the live team must be able to obtain it?

It's really bugging me how easy it was to do tho. In this case it was only done for fun and there was no malicious intent involved, but there is a real risk that this sort of tool could be used for harassment.

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 07:18 PM by Andromeda.
11-23-2006 07:16 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Andromeda
Fortunately, the person who did this was just playing with me. I only removed him from my contacts cuz he's not really a friend of mine, we just share a mutual friend and I didn't see any point on keeping him on my contacts. But, there are a few ppl I really want to keep blocked and for good reason.
Did you delete the contact or specifically block them?

Im wondering this because its possible to delete a contact without blocking them, and thus them still beeing able to message you?

quote:
Originally posted by kmDTA01
Ok andromeda it seems the problem is the person may have used the msn magic plus tool to get unblocked from your msn as of yet the live team are working on a way to counteract this and unfortunatly nothing can be done as of yet
First i've ever heard of a tool that can do this?
11-23-2006 07:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
This msn magic plus tool for me is new... Never heard it before... :S Is realy that a program can pass trough the WML protocol? -> It sounds little strange for me because I used to always listen the old frase: "It's not possible because of the protocol"...
Anyway... I was just thinking... There is a probability of WLM making a mistake and "self-unblocking" your contact? This problem has hapenned before with the same contact or another?
And the last thing -> If someone could do the "anti-msn magic plus tool" and post it, this program could be used to make the "msn magic plus tool 2"...
;)

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 09:19 PM by MicroWay.
11-23-2006 09:17 PM
Andromeda

– / Female / –
It has something to do when they pull me into a group convo. I know that on it's own won't unblock him, but I checked the logs and it shows everytime they pull me into a group convo he gets unblocked.  They must do something when i'm added to a group convo with them that unblocks the blocked contact (i've edited out the blocked contact's email address and changed the names to protect their privacy). 

I admit it is funny that they keep doing it but frustraiting that I don't know how they are doing it.  I think they're teasing me about the msn magic tool. lol

[23:43:21] Friend: i wonder if it will work again u lil tea pot
[23:43:21] Blocked contact has been unblocked
[23:43:31] Blocked contact: (6)
[23:43:41] Friend: lol
[23:43:51] Blocked contact: yea
[23:44:02] Blocked contact: muahahaha
[23:44:02] Friend: whats that?
[23:44:10] Friend: i think i hear the washer?
[23:44:14] Me: it unblocks him wen u add me to a joint convos
[23:44:31] Friend: maybe
[23:44:31] Friend ::D
[23:44:35] Blocked contact: no it dont he added u again b4 and it didnt work
[23:44:36] Me: no it is
[23:44:41] Blocked contact: no it aint
[23:44:59] Me: so how u do it then?
[23:45:19] Blocked contact: Messenger Plus magic tool
[23:45:25] Friend: i boil de kettle an ting
[23:45:31] Me: i dont think it exists

This post was edited on 11-25-2006 at 04:11 PM by Andromeda.
11-25-2006 04:10 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
Blocked contacts aren't blocked in group conversations, but they do appear blocked otherwise. When you're invited to a group convo with a blocked contact, you can still see their messages in the group convo.

As for the "msn magic plus tool"...lol.

This post was edited on 11-25-2006 at 04:13 PM by deAd.
11-25-2006 04:13 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: