What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » HELP - NEW MSN 2011!

HELP - NEW MSN 2011!
Author: Message:
kkk

O.P. HELP - NEW MSN 2011!
Hello! I have the new windows live messenger 2011.
I have imported about 3 scripts, and I know they are running because it says so, but I don't know which button to press to USE them?
11-20-2010 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP - NEW MSN 2011!
Please, read Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix

Experimental??
Using Plus! on Messenger 2011 is officially still un-supported. Just like using beta software, don't expect things to always work. Yuna is aware many features won't work, there is no use in reporting this as a bug for now.
As announced Messenger Plus! 5.0 is targeted for release in early December of this year. Plus! 5.0 will be completely compatible and supported with Windows Live Messenger 2011.

These Plus! features do not work in Live Messenger 2011 yet:
  • Any commands or tags such as /away or (!VER)
  • Any features which usually can only be activated from the conversation window. The Plus! menu does does not (yet) hook into WLM 2011 conversation windows.
  • Scripts. Scripts do import fine and are running. But without the scripts menu and without any functionality in the conversation window you won't get much useful out of most scripts.

My favorite feature doesn't work, this sucks! Make everything work!
Understandable. Unfortunately though, coding software takes time. Messenger 2011 was released sooner than most people expected. Microsoft suddenly released the final build of Messenger 2011 while Yuna Software was working on other projects (Plus! 5 with new features and style, new website, Project K, internal tools). While from the outside Messenger 2011 may look fairly similar to Messenger 2009, under the hood a lot can change in between versions, making it a challenge to make Plus! features work again. But the good news is: Messenger Plus! 5.0 is targeted for release in early December of this year and will be completely compatible with Windows Live Messenger 2011 (source).

Until Messenger Plus! 5 is available there are two things you can do:
  • Use Messenger 2011 with partly working Plus! features.
    If Plus! 4.9 is too buggy you can reset safe mode: In Windows' Control Panel -> Uninstall/Change Messenger Plus! Live -> Repair Messenger -> Reset all Messenger Plus! user preferences to their defaults.
  • Or you can continue using Messenger 2009 with all Plus! features until Plus! 5 comes out.
    If you already installed Messenger 2011 and you want to return to 2009: In Windows' Control Panel -> Uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2011 -> reboot -> download and install the latest Messenger 2009 build.
In all cases, as long as you have Plus! 4.9 installed you will automatically get an update notification when Plus! 5.0 is out.

[Image: Empty.png]
11-20-2010 09:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP - NEW MSN 2011!
[Release] Plus! Buttons 1.00

This skin will skin back that script button. However, any conversation window options are still unavailable.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 1 hour, 37 minutes, 10 seconds ago.

11-20-2010 09:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: