What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] FindLinks (Version 2.1.2)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
[Release] FindLinks (Version 2.1.2)
Author: Message:
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Link Grabber (Version 1.0)
Liked the script... Helpful when it's hard to take note... Thanks (Y)

May I suggest something???
1) How about adding the links of "Favorites" on the script? I think it don't need to be on the same "page" with the links sent/recieved...
2) The possibility to erase non-wanted links -> an example of it it's the virus links passed automaticly with MSN/WLM, like "Go to see me at www.me.com/pic.exe"
3) Maybe a way to put the nick of the person and not the e-mail on the "Sender List" or a way to choose betten e-mail/nick
;)

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 01:28 AM by MicroWay.
11-23-2006 11:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Link Grabber (Version 1.0)
1) Done :D Spent all night making my own functions to enumerate files and folders inside the favourites folder (after finding out how to get the current users Windows username). Just use /faves instead of /links

2) It's not really easy to tell if a file is legitimate or not and people may want to send files via WLM... I can add an option that changes the link if it's a certain file type, but it will not be on by default.

3) Nicknames can look very messy as they usually have spaces and/or colour formatting codes in them making it almost impossible to tell who is who.

If anybody has any problems with this update, just let me know. I tested it quite well on my machine, but I still need some feedback as I wrote it, I only use it the way it was meant to... I need people to TRY and break it :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, while I remember, added support for Netscape as well ;)

(All version "tested" are the latest available from the official websites at this time. Support is not gauranteed for earlier/later version, although it is likely to be the same method used or I will update my script with a version detection system)

[Image: link.bmp]

This post was edited on 12-06-2006 at 03:46 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-24-2006 02:43 AM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
Can I make a few suggestions?

code:
        for(var k=0;k<links.length;k=k+2){
            WndLinks.LstView_AddItem("List1",links[k]);
            WndLinks.LstView_SetItemText("List1",b,1,links[k+1]);
            c++;
        }
Surely that b should be a c, or it doesn't even work for me?  I'll assume it's just me though, you must have tested it before releasing.

2.  Don't assume opera is installed to C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe... windows XP's installer is so stupid I don't even have a C:\ and plenty people install programs in... different places.

3.  Again, favourites, C:\.  Plus, you could read firefox's favourites from a bookmark.html if you were feeling like it.  But you should at least change favourites to read like so:

code:
var dir = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell").ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%HOMEPATH%\\Favorites\\");

4.  Should check if each browser is installed and not show the button if it isn't.

I'm done.

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 11:13 AM by alexp2_ad.
11-24-2006 11:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EBFL

;o

31 / Male / Flag
I just tried it again for the netscape option,
But mine doesnt have it 8-)
I'm awesome

11-24-2006 11:15 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Nice Script [Image: msn_tongue.gif]. How about checking the registry for what all browsers are available and showing buttons only for available ones. Like if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer show the Internet Explorer button and all 8-).

Also a bug [Image: msn_tongue.gif].
code:
    if(MenuItemId=="set2"){
        OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage("", "/favourites")
    }

code:
    if(Message.substr(0,6)=="/faves"){
        try{
            WndLinks.Close(1);
        }catch(e){

Shouldn't it be OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage("", "/faves") [Image: msn_tongue.gif]?

Another bug :P
When no link is selected nothing should open up instead of unidentified :P

Some more things
code:
function GetFavouritesFolder(){
    var CSIDL_FAVORITES = 0x0006;
    var szSendToPath = Interop.Allocate((255 *2) +2);
    Interop.Call("Shell32", "SHGetSpecialFolderPathW", 0, szSendToPath, CSIDL_FAVORITES, 0);
    return szSendToPath.ReadString(0);
}

See Opera's Command Line Options

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 04:43 PM by Felu.
11-24-2006 11:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Link Grabber (Version 1.0)
quote:
Windows Command Line Options

Note: Windows command line switches must be preceded by '/' (a forward slash) only. They are case insensitive.
Settings <full path>    Launch with specified settings (opera6.ini) file
Debug    Voice debug mode

No option to specify a URL... These are switches to add to the command line in a shortcut file, not for running the program from the RUN command

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
1. Surely that b should be a c, or it doesn't even work for me?  I'll assume it's just me though, you must have tested it before releasing.

2.  Don't assume opera is installed to C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe...

3.  Again, favourites, C:\.  Plus, you could read firefox's favourites from a bookmark.html

4.  Should check if each browser is installed and not show the button if it isn't.

1) Yes... It should :p

2) Adding a method to check for the path as we speak

3) The favourites location is now read from the reigstry and it includes the drive letter so it SHOULD always be right

4) Close enough... If it doesn't detect the exe file it disables the button (Obviously, this will work better when it is definately the right parth)

Also, the %HOMEPATH% environment variable you suggested only returns the path AFTER the drive letter (eg. "\Documents and Settings\My Documents") Is that just me or does it happen for other people as well?

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 05:40 PM by Spunky.
11-24-2006 04:36 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
Thanks.. I will test it and if there is a bug/another suggestion, I tell you... Great WORK!!!
;)(Y)

Edit: Sorry, but when I click on "Favourites Link", no window apear or nothing happens? Maybe some incompatibility that I didn't know??? USing: IE6, Plus! 4.10, WLM 8.0 and WinXP SP2
Edit 2: Another problem is that the script works fine... But on "Found Links", it dind't show the "location", but still open the link...
;)

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 10:51 PM by MicroWay.
11-24-2006 10:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Link Grabber (Version 1.0)
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
2) It's not really easy to tell if a file is legitimate or not and people may want to send files via WLM... I can add an option that changes the link if it's a certain file type, but it will not be on by default.
Don't... options like this never ever work like intended. Blocking or auto-deleting such files and links will always result in unwanted deletions etc.

See WLM's/Windows OneCare's own (stupidly annoying!) block for certain extensions etc.

quote:
Can I make a few suggestions?
3.  Again, favourites, C:\.  Plus, you could read firefox's favourites from a bookmark.html if you were feeling like it.  But you should at least change favourites to read like so:

code:
var dir = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell").ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%HOMEPATH%\\Favorites\\");

Don't use environment variables if you don't have to. Not everybody has such environment variables and sometimes they even are wrongly defined. Use the proper Windows APIs (eg: SHGetSpecialFolderPath and the likes) to get those special folders.

quote:
Better just disable the button. Hiding the button will result in a messy layout with gaps between the buttons when certain browsers aren't installed.

quote:
(...) These are switches to add to the command line in a shortcut file, not for running the program from the RUN command
That is the exactly the same. What you enter in the shortcut _is_ exactly what you would write on the command line in a DOS-box.

quote:
3) The favourites location is now read from the reigstry and it includes the drive letter so it SHOULD always be right
Do not... That registry key you're using (I assume, I didn't checked out the script yet) is only there for Windows compatibily reasons. Although extremely many apps use those keys to get to those paths it really shouldn't be used. Use the proper APIs instead...

---------

EDIT: after writing this post I4ve seen you've made some changes already or responded on some things already.... I'll sush now ;)

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 10:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-24-2006 10:31 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] FindLinks (Version 2.1)
Right...

Favourites are now found in ways that shouldn't cause any problems. IE is read using SHGetSpecialFolderPath(), Opera uses an "adr" file type (found in AppData folder so again, using SHGetSpecialFolderPath()...) to store it's favourites and FF and Netscape use a bookmarks.html file(In AppData again, but with a random address for the "profile" folder, which is read from an ini file). (FF and Netscape are SO similar, all I had to do was alter some variables and the same code applies for both. So it reads all favourites for those browsers... so far (might add more...). Favourites now update everytime you go into the menu, not just on initialization.

As mentioned before, I made the buttons disable rather than hide for the same reasons Cookie stated. I fixed the problem of the browser opening an "undefined" site if no link was selected (see Felu's post. Thanks :p) I also got rid of the "faves/favourites" blunder meaning the window will now open from the menu as well :p

I want to implement some better error checking before a final release as the method for detecting available browsers is not certain to work as files could be in none default locations and so on. I may end up using some registry keys with references to the programs (which hopefully get removed during it's uninstallation).
The reg keys shouldpoint to the exe file that is the browser, if that file is not there then it should be uninstalled... ^o) I think thats how it goes...

Added support for two new browsers (Avant Browser and Maxthon). Tried Songbird, but it doesn't seem to accept parameters. It just loads the default home page. I fixed a bug where when you opened the favourites window for a second or third time etc where it was adding them AGAIN

UPDATE
Been working on this again and it now has some cool new features. The script now includes a configuration wizard that allows the user to specify which browsers are installed and at which location. There are a couple of bug fixes.

[Image: need%20you.gif]
I Need YOU

I need people to test this for me and tell me any errors they get. I would be most grateful :P

EDIT: BTW, The link is in the first post

This post was edited on 12-06-2006 at 03:56 AM by Spunky.
12-06-2006 03:54 AM
elektra

aka quacky

– / Male / –
RE: [Release] FindLinks (Version 2.1)
quote:
Right...

Favourites are now found in ways that shouldn't cause any problems. IE is read using SHGetSpecialFolderPath(), Opera uses an "adr" file type (found in AppData folder so again, using SHGetSpecialFolderPath()...) to store it's favourites and FF and Netscape use a bookmarks.html file(In AppData again, but with a random address for the "profile" folder, which is read from an ini file). (FF and Netscape are SO similar, all I had to do was alter some variables and the same code applies for both. So it reads all favourites for those browsers... so far (might add more...). Favourites now update everytime you go into the menu, not just on initialization.

As mentioned before, I made the buttons disable rather than hide for the same reasons Cookie stated. I fixed the problem of the browser opening an "undefined" site if no link was selected (see Felu's post. Thanks :p) I also got rid of the "faves/favourites" blunder meaning the window will now open from the menu as well :p

I want to implement some better error checking before a final release as the method for detecting available browsers is not certain to work as files could be in none default locations and so on. I may end up using some registry keys with references to the programs (which hopefully get removed during it's uninstallation).
The reg keys shouldpoint to the exe file that is the browser, if that file is not there then it should be uninstalled... ^o) I think thats how it goes...

Added support for two new browsers (Avant Browser and Maxthon). Tried Songbird, but it doesn't seem to accept parameters. It just loads the default home page. I fixed a bug where when you opened the favourites window for a second or third time etc where it was adding them AGAIN

UPDATE
Been working on this again and it now has some cool new features. The script now includes a configuration wizard that allows the user to specify which browsers are installed and at which location. There are a couple of bug fixes.

[Image: need%20you.gif]
I Need YOU

I need people to test this for me and tell me any errors they get. I would be most grateful :P

EDIT: BTW, The link is in the first post

when i download the script i go to import it, but it says that it is imported but failed to start 8-)
[Image: ps3_forum2.jpg][Image: x360_forum2.jpg]
12-06-2006 08:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: