What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » include display pictures in toasts?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
include display pictures in toasts?
Author: Message:
ulyxes

36 / Male / –
O.P. include display pictures in toasts?
Hi! I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to include display pictures in MPL toast, such as in those of WLM itself... This would be really great!

This post was edited on 11-25-2006 at 04:52 AM by WDZ.
11-24-2006 09:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bryceman111

RE: include display pictures in toasts?
If this was included, it should be a user option I think ;). Good idea though. I never noticed that too much.
11-26-2006 05:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
As far as i know this isnt included in MP!L but maybe in future releases or with a script
[Image: darkme.png]
11-26-2006 05:58 AM
rajvora

quote:
Originally posted by ulyxes
Hi! I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to include display pictures in MPL toast, such as in those of WLM itself... This would be really great!

good idea !!
[Image: 510569321.27.1181180324.png]
11-26-2006 06:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
As far as i know this isnt included in MP!L but maybe in future releases or with a script
I highly doubt that a scripter would make such a complex script, it is just easier to use what we have and leave it at that.  This would be great if it was an option (I would change over to just having MP!L doing my toasts) but we can only use what we have, maybe in the future we will have this option.
[Image: markee.png]
11-26-2006 07:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sljaxon

I want more, I want Messenger Plus.

– / Male / –
Can't be done as a script.
Sam
One hoopy frood :D

[Image: theextraordinarymedleypyx9.png]
11-28-2006 01:09 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sljaxon
If it was going to be done as a script then you would have to use that script's toasts to display it with their DP.  I'm working on something that might be just what you are looking for (plus a bit more) and will also make this easy for people to add to their script code it they are wanting to have the toasts with a picture.  I wish I could find a way of making a function that other scripts could use, maybe someone could help me there, or else people will just have to add it to their code themselves.
11-28-2006 02:53 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: include display pictures in toasts?
quote:
Originally posted by sljaxon

Actually yes it can. The script would have to keep track of all the notifications that Plus! would toast on, and when those events happen would find the toast window's handle and rearrange some controls. Then it'd need to use the API to add in an image.

All in all it comes down to being possible, but extremely complex for something so trivial.
11-28-2006 03:28 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Actually yes it can. The script would have to keep track of all the notifications that Plus! would toast on, and when those events happen would find the toast window's handle and rearrange some controls. Then it'd need to use the API to add in an image.

All in all it comes down to being possible, but extremely complex for something so trivial.
No rearranging needs to be done if you simply alter the interface.xml for Plus! toasts to include a picture control.

All the script now needs to do is polling for toasts (which is required for something like this, but is a bad way; so I wouldn't even recommend using such a script at all) and if it is a contact toast and it is used as a contact toast (note: not all scripts use contact toast to diplay contact information!) pull the DP and put it in the picture control of that window which makes up the toast.

But as I said in that other thread about Plus! toast, whatever you do to manipulate the toasts, it _will_ brake the view which certain (if not all) scripts depend on (eg: think about word wrapping).

This post was edited on 11-28-2006 at 01:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-28-2006 01:31 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: include display pictures in toasts?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by deAd

No rearranging needs to be done if you simply alter the interface.xml for Plus! toasts to include a picture control.

All the script now needs to do is polling for toasts (which is required for something like this, but is a bad way; so I wouldn't even recommend using such a script at all) and if it is a contact toast and it is used as a contact toast (note: not all scripts use contact toast to diplay contact information!) pull the DP and put it in the picture control of that window which makes up the toast.

But as I said in that other thread about Plus! toast, whatever you do to manipulate the toasts, it _will_ brake the view which certain (if not all) scripts depend on (eg: think about word wrapping).

I realise that by changing the xml and sending extra information to it is an option but for something like this wouldn't it be better to make the feature from scratch through a script (even though Plus! has this feature) as it will not interfere with other scripts like you said.  I was planning on just creating the script from scratch and just import the already made toast alerts from Plus! from the registry and assign "EnableMsgPlusToasts" in the registry to 0 so it disables the Plus! toasts (I might just delete the already loaded toast alerts so that it doesn't conflict with other scripts and not allow their toasts).  I was also thinking of using the same interface as Plus! so it is easy for everyone to use.
11-28-2006 01:48 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: