What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Group Notifications

[Request] Group Notifications
Author: Message:
BobB

O.P. [Request] Group Notifications
Presently using msgplus I can select to receive notifications when contacts go offline, change their name, go idle, etc. (Y)

I can set these alerts up based on certain contacts or all contacts. I'd like something that allows me to do it by contact group. It needs to be more dynamic. *-)

For example if I have 23 people in my co-workers group and I'm not working at the time, I want to be able to untick the co-workers group from notifications. Then when I start working again I can tick that group instead of finding all 23 people in the list and ticking each of them. :)

Another example, contacts can be sorted into a notify and silent groups using groups in the contact list. I can setup all the alerts for people in the notify group (could be any group really) and when they go offline or come online a notification is activated because they are in that group. However, if I were to move 3 contacts out of that contact list group, then I wouldn't receive notifications. It's almost like controlling notifications from the contact list instead of msgplus preferences. ;)

It would also be good to then place an exclude on certain contacts within a group so you don't receive notifications. For example, Jane is on my contact list and she is always opening and closing full screen applications and this can sometimes trigger lots of switching between busy and online giving me notifications. I would get notifications though because she's in a contact group setup with notifications. It would be nice to then add an exclude via msgplus for that contact and those notifications.:D

Is this doable? Does anyone think they can arrange it? ^o)
12-09-2006 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Group Notifications
The problem is that Messenger Plus! can't interact with groups so far. :( Sorry.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
12-09-2006 10:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BobB

O.P. RE: RE: [Request] Group Notifications
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
The problem is that Messenger Plus! can't interact with groups so far. :( Sorry.

Is that so? Well that explains a lot of things doesn't it. :(

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. :)
12-09-2006 10:40 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Group Notifications
Well...by the group made on WLM isn't possible, but recently was released a script to make a list to block some contacts... So... In the first situation, I THINK it can be done by a script like that. You just add the people of "co-workers", following your example, in the script and when you (don't) want to take notifications about them, it's just to run it (turn it off).
But you're going to need to wait someone else.. I just gave an idea... :)
About the rest, you are going to make changes manualy on Plus! Preferences...
12-09-2006 11:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BobB

O.P. RE: [Request] Group Notifications
An interesting suggestion. Can the notion be seeded for future development?
12-09-2006 03:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: