What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » The Plus mailing list

The Plus mailing list
Author: Message:
themrb

O.P. The Plus mailing list
Hey,

I was just wondering about the messenger plus mailing list that I was sent to upon installation of the recent update.

I was just wondering if my email will be distributed for the purposes of spam, just was a little unsure about this because it requested my name and it said 'contribution' in a fashion that I felt was similar to the way it requested my support regarding the optional sponsor program.
12-11-2006 10:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: The Plus mailing list
quote:
Originally posted by themrb
Hey,

I was just wondering about the messenger plus mailing list that I was sent to upon installation of the recent update.

I was just wondering if my email will be distributed for the purposes of spam, just was a little unsure about this because it requested my name and it said 'contribution' in a fashion that I felt was similar to the way it requested my support regarding the optional sponsor program.
Plus! has a mailing list? O.o
Let me set the record straight. Plus! asks you to install an optional sponsor program. It never asks you to give you mail address and it never sends you any mail.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-11-2006 11:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Well, Patchou was trying out a new type of sponsor. It's been enabled and disabled from time to time, so not everyone has seen it, but there is this thing where you are taken to the Plus! site after installation and asked to join one or more mailinglists.

Those mailinglists are not mailinglists about Plus! itself. They are indeed similar to the sponsor. If you sign up for them you will get an activation mail, after you follow the link in the activation mail you will get a mail from the advertiser you subscribed for once in a while. You can unsubscribe from those lists at any time. I've tested them, they seem very decent.

The mailinglists are a test from Patchou to see if this is a good way to make some money on a less intrusive way than the sponsor. For each person that subscribes to a mailinglist and activates it he gets a little money. He said that if it preforms well it might even replace the sponsor at some point.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-11-2006 11:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Well, Patchou was trying out a new type of sponsor. It's been enabled and disabled from time to time, so not everyone has seen it, but there is this thing where you are taken to the Plus! site after installation and asked to join one or more mailinglists.

Those mailinglists are not mailinglists about Plus! itself. They are indeed similar to the sponsor. If you sign up for them you will get an activation mail, after you follow the link in the activation mail you will get a mail from the advertiser you subscribed for once in a while. You can unsubscribe from those lists at any time. I've tested them, they seem very decent.

The mailinglists are a test from Patchou to see if this is a good way to make some money on a less intrusive way than the sponsor. For each person that subscribes to a mailinglist and activates it he gets a little money. He said that if it preforms well it might even replace the sponsor at some point.
I would much prefer this method and I would sign up for it.  I don't use the sponsor program at the moment because I don't like the idea of it (and I use FF and not IE) and I already ignore a lot of spam already (... should get a spam filter one of these days...) so it wouldn't make a difference to me but it would help Patchou out so it's a win win i guess.
[Image: markee.png]
12-11-2006 12:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: