What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Computer help.

Computer help.
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Computer help.
I need some help. I want to scrub all my files  and everything else from my computer. How do you do this? i heard that you just get windows xp and just re-install it? but i would like to know how to.
12-12-2006 08:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Computer help.
What do you mean? A format of your disc and after that a fresh install or a repair of Windows XP?
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
12-12-2006 08:52 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  RE: RE: Computer help.

Thanks for your help.

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
So you want to get rid of every single last bit of information on your hardrive and install a fresh copy of Windows XP

Well ussually all you need to do is stick the CD in your drive and restart your comp.

A screen should come up saying "Press any button to boot from CD" or something similar.

If not you will need to go into the bios and change your boot order putting you cd-drive first. If you dont know how it should be in the motherboard manual.

Ok after you've booted from the CD a blue screen should pop up saying its copying files etc then the licence agreement...

After all this it should say something like a previous copy of windows xp has been found on the hdd. Press R to repair of ESC to install a fresh copy. So obviously you press ESC.

After this it should come up with the drive selection. You press Enter on your HDD of choice.

Another menu saying "Leave partition as is", "Quick Format" and "Format"

You will either want to Quick format or do a complete format to get rid of all your data. ( Note that if you quick format files can be recovered from the hdd. )

Ok now the formatting screen should come up then the copying files etc.It should come up with something saying Remove the cd and reboot. Do it. The rest is easy from here.

..NOTE: This is all from memory so it could be a little different.

Also format at your own risk. If you dont think you can do it, get someone else to.

12-12-2006 10:46 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Computer help.
DBAN
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
12-12-2006 10:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: