What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personal Message Problem

Personal Message Problem
Author: Message:
Vaudeville

O.P. Personal Message Problem
Today I wanted to 'strike out' my personal message. To do that, I've copied the Messenger Plus code to 'strike out', to my personal message. As soon as I pressed enter, messenger signed out. Since then I could never sign in again with that windows live ID. (with other IDs, i can sign in).

I've made a live network capture, and I saw the tcp packet with my message arriving. As soon as messenger receives that packet, the session ends abruptly.

I have already uninstalled and installed various versions of live messenger (beta and non-beta) and plus, and this continues to happen. With some versions of live messenger, the personal message does not trave from pc to pc and they work fine. But with the latest versions, the server sends back my personal message and this is what happens.

I want to know a way to solve my problem. Is there any way to change my personal message without starting windows live messenger?

Thanks for your help.
How do I do that? Do I need WLM 8.1 to do that. If so, why can't I sign in with 8.0?

(edit: err... the 'disable WLM roaming settings' thing...)
After a few moments of desperation, I've solved my problem:

http://stiggy.be/msn/index.php/Messenger_Client_Cache

;)

This post was edited on 12-12-2006 at 11:20 PM by Vaudeville.
12-12-2006 11:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: