What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Log File Problems

Log File Problems
Author: Message:
anothername

O.P. Log File Problems
Ok..i tried getting help on the chat room but no one replied to it and ive looked through the forums using the search tool.
ive got some old chat logs from my pc - they were encrypted using MPL - and i basicly just want them having the same password as the ones that are currently being saved on my laptop just now.
but when trying to change the old password to the new one it tells me that im entering the Wrong password ^o) when i know clearly that its the right password :|
any help to this as my chatlogs are pretty important to me.
Chris
12-13-2006 01:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Log File Problems
quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
yes you can, but it will take some effort and manual labor...

First of all make sure you are set as "appear offline" in MSN Messenger, so nobody can start talking with you and interfear with the chatlogs.

Then start by moving every file out of your current logdirectory to some place else, just to store them while we are going to use the logdirectory.

After the chatlogdirectory is cleared, you can start moving the files which are in your archived directories to this logdirectory (do this directory per directory).

Then choose the option in Plus! to encrypt your chatlogs. It will (re)encrypt all the files there...

After this, move the files (now encrypted) back to were they were in the archive directory...

And repeat this process for each archive directory you have.

The same scheme/work method can be used to re-encrypt your current chatlogs with a new password. Of course, you don't need to move anything in that case, because the files you want to re-encrypt are already in your current chatlog directory...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=36...d=356651#pid356651
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
12-13-2006 01:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
anothername

O.P. RE: Log File Problems
i still get the error message saying this;
"The password you entered for this file does not match. please try again"

thanks.
12-13-2006 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »