What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Automated polygamy

Automated polygamy
Author: Message:
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
O.P. Automated polygamy
I've been wondering about this for a while.
Is there an application that makes 2 or more Messenger instances run (automated polygamy) during the startup?

If there's not, can anyone make this application?
This is not supposedly to be hard, isn't this?

What I want for that application:
1. Store the email addresses and the corresponding passwords of the Messenger accounts.
2. Run during the startup to automatically create Messenger instances according to the stored email addresses and passwords (in other words, run msnmsgr.exe twice or more for different accounts).
3. Kill the "startup program" after all accounts are successfully opened so it won't burden the resources.

Edit:
Hmm.. I found this thread, but the thing marissa referred didn't work, or maybe I didn't know how to use it :p
And CookieRevised said there was no plugin existed to do that. Time for someone to make that? :p

This post was edited on 12-13-2006 at 05:54 PM by Weyzza.
Registered 7644 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes, 30 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

12-13-2006 05:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Automated polygamy
It is possible with a Plus! script, but it requires some carefully orchestrated code which includes some kind of syncronization so the script would sign in the correct users and not trying to attempt signing in a user twice.

But:
1) The email addresses and password don't need to be stored; they are stored already by Messenger (tick 'remember me' and 'remember password')
2) auto-running at startup also does not require any special application. In fact, all you should add is 1 application path to your run registry. The script should start up the other instance...
3) Since there is no startup-program, nothing needs to be killed

--------------------------------------------

It is also possible with an external application like you suggest.
Though some things will be the same:

1) The email addresses and password don't need to be stored; they are stored already by Messenger (tick 'remember me' and 'remember password')

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
Edit:
Hmm.. I found this thread, but the thing marissa referred didn't work, or maybe I didn't know how to use it :p
And CookieRevised said there was no plugin existed to do that. Time for someone to make that? :p
Those threads are old. Back in those days, the .NET passport list in Windows could only hold 1 .NET passport which would auto-sign in. Now it is a little different, although same thing still applies, there are ways around it. Also, back in those days, there weren't scripts which could do what you can do now with WLM.

All these things together make it that it was very hard if not almost impossible to do it back then. Things have changed (a little, but maybe just enough) regarding that.

Also note that, although polygamy is possible with patching, and even possbile with Messenger Plus! Live now, that side effects can still exist. In fact some functions/interaction of Messenger Plus! Live still do not support polygamy 100% and are known limitations.

This post was edited on 12-13-2006 at 06:22 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-13-2006 06:03 PM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Automated polygamy
It can be done with a script? It'll be much easier then :D

But, unless I miss something, I am still under impression that you can only make Messenger remember one email address and one password on a PC :S
Registered 7644 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes, 30 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

12-13-2006 06:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Automated polygamy
quote:
It can be done with a script? It'll be much easier then :D
Yes

in pseudo code (from top of my head without checking anything and without implementing any additional needed checks like checking if the default mail is one listed in the array)
code:
array ="mail1, mail2, mail3"
event initialize {
    1) Get current default mail from registry
    2) perform Messenger.AutoSignin
    3) If there is a next mail to auto-signin in array:
            4) Change to next mail in registry
            5) run "msnmsgr.exe"
        else
            6) //last mail has been processed
            7) Change to first mail in registry
}
and since each messenger instance runs this script, it should do what you want. But of course, there might be many many possible implications.

And also you need to tick all three checks ("remember me", "remember password", "auto-sign in") for all accounts.

quote:
But, unless I miss something, I am still under impression that you can only make Messenger remember one email address and one password on a PC :S
This was so before. Since WLM 8.0 (or maybe even MSN Messenger 7.5, or whatever) the passwords are stored somewhere else... Which makes all the difference now.

This post was edited on 12-13-2006 at 06:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-13-2006 06:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: