What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Spy-ware in your name.

Spy-ware in your name.
Author: Message:
mitchell

O.P. Spy-ware in your name.
quote:
<Tenshi_MKII> Want to see who blocked you in your MSN Messenger? Download the latest program by Messenger Plus!

This has been going around the irc scene saying that this a new addon of yours if you heard about it or know a way to remove it so i can tell poeple could you please tell me and also a warning on your website would be good also.

Mitchell/Shade.

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 03:08 PM by Mnjul.
12-14-2006 05:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Spy-ware in your name.
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Firstly, Messenger Plus! is freeware and comes with an optional sponsor program which has been heavily modified.

Secondly, That link should be removed as that is a virus. Something Messenger Plus! is NOT, it is a safe program to use.

Last of all, why the hell would you bother reading stuff like that on IRC? Even I could make something like that and have n00bs end up with a virus. Always do background research before posting things. This shows that you are likely to believe what people say rather than do things for yourself and find out the truth.

Now flame and do whatever you want to me but I'm stating the truth and nothing but the truth.
i think mitchell was aware that its a virus/spyware, and was warning us that something was trying to impersonate plus!, atleast thats how i interperated it.

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 05:55 AM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6653 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes, 21 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
12-14-2006 05:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mitchell

O.P. RE: Spy-ware in your name.
I know this has nothing to do with this site i was just wondering if you know what casue it and the reason i even look at it was casue the guy who had it was asking for help.
12-14-2006 06:26 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I know this has nothing to do with this site i was just wondering if you know what casue it and the reason i even look at it was casue the guy who had it was asking for help.
Does that guy have any other program which might be doing this? It could be a virus too. Tell him to do a virus scan. Also Plus! isn't doing this.
12-14-2006 10:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Looks like a virus that has been active since at least 28th of October. Googling the message bring up a Yahoo Answers question which was indexed that date, but the question itself is deleted now.

Tell your friend to run a virusscan.

I contacted the webmaster of the site, hopefully he will take it offline soon.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-14-2006 12:14 PM
Wally

Thanks Vax <3

– / Male / Flag
iv actually seen alot of messages like this what it had done to me is someone would send you a message (being that^) and cause you to download it without knowing its a virus.

i think its like a chain that constantly goes on and on the more peaple that download it  the more your gonna see that message if you had downloaded the file it would send that message to your contacts without you knowing and cause them to download it
Careful don't summon the fail whale.
12-14-2006 12:19 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
i think its like a chain that constantly goes on and on
Yes it does. Main problem with these kind of viruses is that the majority of the people just doesn't seem to be able to just common sense to judge if something is save, or, at least install a good antivirusscanner and have it scan files on-access properly.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-14-2006 01:06 PM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Spy-ware in your name.
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Yes it does. Main problem with these kind of viruses is that the majority of the people just doesn't seem to be able to just common sense to judge if something is save, or, at least install a good antivirusscanner and have it scan files on-access properly.

So true. I feel very sorry for them, no offence to them, but seriously, they should read a book(s) on keeping cyber-safe. Again, no offence.:(
12-17-2006 08:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: