What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Multiple accounts in the same window

[Request] Multiple accounts in the same window
Author: Message:
Woraug

A Credit to Dementia

36 / Male / –
O.P. [Request] Multiple accounts in the same window
I know you can have multiple account connected, but I want to keep things easy and keep them in one window.  Perhaps sorting your list into Yourname1's contacts, Yourname2's contacts, ect, and at the top of each conversation, it shows which account they're contacting.  Or Just put each account into a separate tab, and still, for the sake of knowing WTFs going on, show which account they're contacting at the top of the chat window.
[Image: Sentinel.png]
12-18-2006 05:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Multiple accounts in the same window
quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
I know you can have multiple account connected, but I want to keep things easy and keep them in one window.  Perhaps sorting your list into Yourname1's contacts, Yourname2's contacts, ect, and at the top of each conversation, it shows which account they're contacting.  Or Just put each account into a separate tab, and still, for the sake of knowing WTFs going on, show which account they're contacting at the top of the chat window.
I doubt its possible as
1)scripts cant access groups
and 2) i doubt WLM will allow this
sorry

This post was edited on 12-18-2006 at 06:59 AM by Jimbo.
12-18-2006 06:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
It is technically possible to have the Contact List in a tabbed window (it's been done before, and I'm putting it in Phoenix Live), so it should also be possible to somehow indicate which account is which in conversations.

Unless you do the simple method, which is to use different conversation window colours for each account :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-18-2006 03:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Request] Multiple accounts in the same window
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
It is technically possible to have the Contact List in a tabbed window (it's been done before, and I'm putting it in Phoenix Live), so it should also be possible to somehow indicate which account is which in conversations.

Unless you do the simple method, which is to use different conversation window colours for each account :P

but with that you'd have to have the other account signed on.. in it's own windows. however you could use one of the latest scritpts to sign 2 accounts in at the same time , then maybe hide all but the tabbed window.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
12-18-2006 03:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I was working on a project a while back for a tabbed contact list, but I failed miserably... Seems it doesn't like to be messed with by me :(

This post was edited on 12-18-2006 at 03:59 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-18-2006 03:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fuse101
but with that you'd have to have the other account signed on.. in it's own windows. however you could use one of the latest scritpts to sign 2 accounts in at the same time , then maybe hide all but the tabbed window.
How do you think Plus!'s Tabbed Contacts works? :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-18-2006 08:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: