What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] +Search (Version 1.2)

[Release] +Search (Version 1.2)
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] +Search (Version 1.2)
I've had a depressing xmas so I've been scripting :(

This script adds functionality similar to that of IE7, where the user can add there own search providers by pasting the URL into a box.

How To Use:
The script comes pre-prepared with several search sites already programmed in such as Google, MSDN and these forums. To open the search window, just type "/search". From there you can search or go to the search providers screen. In the search providers screen you can add, edit and remove providers (including the defaults)

[UPDATE] - Version 1.2
Fixed some major bugs
Some behind the scenes improvement ;)
Dynamic Commands :D
Other minor tinkering

63 previous downloads

.plsc File Attachment: +Search.plsc (47.93 KB)
This file has been downloaded 205 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-18-2007 at 05:49 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-25-2006 10:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
RE: [Release] +Search (Version 1.0)
Wow, good script, just a few suggestion to keep you working ;):

- make it work with commands too, like "/google <seach query>"
- make it able to return the results in the chatwindow for some predefined search engines like google or something

Anyway, nice script :)
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
12-25-2006 11:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] +Search (Version 1.0)
[OFF TOPIC]

off topic correction/addition:
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
This script adds functionality similar to that of IE7, where the user can add there own search providers by pasting the URL into a box.
Adding search engines, or shortcuts to the search engines, or changing the default search engine, isn't new to MSIE7, this is already possible in MSIE6 too...

What might be new is the UI in MSIE7 for this, but other than that it was already possible since a long long time ;)

[/OFF TOPIC]
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2006 12:33 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] +Search (Version 1.0)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What might be new is the UI in MSIE7 for this, but other than that it was already possible since a long long time

Fair enough, I was just trying to explain it in a way most people would understand (Most people I know that use the internet use IE and it'd best to give an example they can relate to).

I knew it was possible in other browsers, but wouldn't really say the feature was used a lot in IE6 :p

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
make it work with commands too, like "/google <seach query>"

That'd only work with pre-defined browsers as I'd need to assign a command to each one.

I'm already working on the other suggestion, but results won't be returned in the chat window (I HATE shared search)
12-26-2006 04:54 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] +Search (Version 1.0)
quote:
quote:

That'd only work with pre-defined browsers as I'd need to assign a command to each one.

I'm already working on the other suggestion, but results won't be returned in the chat window (I HATE shared search)

You could actually do this by checking the command against a variable and writing to an xml with every addition.  It is very possible to do, the only problem is double ups of commands.  Just you have to use arrays or the likes for the process and use something like Cooke's command finder thing using RegExp to get the command and params.  If you need a hand then just ask and I'll take a look.
[Image: markee.png]
12-27-2006 05:21 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] +Search (Version 1.0)
quote:
quote:
No...

You/script don't need to do anything. It's the user who needs to define a command for it, but that is actually just the same.

Making commands in scripts is nothing more than sending some text to Plus! (to make them visible in the command helper window) and to check on the entered message in the chat window (to see if it is a command which your script reconizes).

But there is no difference between pre-defined commands and commands added by the user within your script, other than the latter being variable strings instead of pre-defined strings....

A statement like:
    If (message === "/mycommand") {}
is just the same as
    var usercommand = "/mycommand"
    If (message === usercommand) {}

The only difference being that you can change usercommand on the fly before doing the check because it is a variable (and thus read it from the user settings of the script for example; which also doesn't _need_ to be XML as markee suggested, it can be anything from the registry to a text file).

This post was edited on 12-27-2006 at 05:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2006 05:35 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] +Search (Version 1.2)
I was already thinking of making a script with "dynamic" commands so it may as well be this one

Expect an update failry soon to include this

Just to update, I've been doing some work on this through the night and the only thing left to do is to make ComboBox control update (which as far as I can tell, means emptying it and re-adding all the elements). It is now possible to change the commands for all exisiting search engines. I do need to make a slight modification though so that new entries aren't left blank, but rather must be filled in when it is added 

Updated to fix a few bugs...

Adding preferences and dynamic commands shortly
Sorry to double post, but theres a new update to the script :D

This post was edited on 07-18-2007 at 04:10 PM by Spunky.
07-18-2007 04:09 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: