What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » unblocked messenger

unblocked messenger
Author: Message:
Chocolatino

Money=Motivation

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  unblocked messenger
i should be sleeping so sue me but i just found somthing wrong with my messenger, i forgot how it happend but i accidentally unblocked it using unblocker 1.8.5 :$, it sign's in and everything but when the contacts come up i click on it i get the error sound and its like a frozen image but the tab is still ther and on task manager it's running fine what can i do? I cant close it, move it, scrool , click on contacts nothing :( thnx in advance

This post was edited on 12-26-2006 at 03:38 AM by Chocolatino.
[Image: untitled2nk3.png]
12-26-2006 03:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
RE: unblocked messenger
quote:
Originally posted by Chocolatino
i should be sleeping so sue me but i just found somthing wrong with my messenger, i forgot how it happend but i accidentally unblocked it using unblocker 1.8.5 :$, it sign's in and everything but when the contacts come up i click on it i get the error sound and its like a frozen image but the tab is still ther and on task manager it's running fine what can i do? I cant close it, move it, scrool , click on contacts nothing :( thnx in advance

Don't realy understand your thread but why don't you simply uninstall 'unblocker 1.8.5' and then re-install it leaving out MSN?

hope that helps....it might not even make sence :| lol,

Pete
www.mediaonthemove.net

12-26-2006 10:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chocolatino

Money=Motivation

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: unblocked messenger
well the problem it is a program that kills procceses wen your deleting a file such as a file in use wen it says ''cannot delet file in use'' it pops up and lets u kill or unblock procceses. and i done it to my messenger by accident. I Got it from this site it will explain it better http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

This post was edited on 12-26-2006 at 01:44 PM by Chocolatino.
12-26-2006 01:43 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Reinstall Messenger?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2006 01:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chocolatino

Money=Motivation

31 / Male / Flag
testing... nothing, but i just noticed it only happens to  my account when my dad logs on it works fine but i only rapaird it im going to uninstall it completely. and try again.... Nothing

12-26-2006 04:47 PM
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
well if the program is confined to that user account on the pc, make a new user account and switch all the files. then hopefully the program won't appere on that user and then your sorted
www.mediaonthemove.net

12-26-2006 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
well if the program is confined to that user account on the pc, make a new user account and switch all the files. then hopefully the program won't appere on that user and then your sorted
That wont fix the problem, that will just "ignore" the problem...

--

Chocolatino, when you reinstall Messenger, make sure you first removed everything from messenger, not just the C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger directory...

see:
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!

PS1: Those instructions will remove all settings, including the ones from other users of Messenger on your computer

PS2: Don't use program like Unblocker if you're not experienced or don't know exactly what they do or what you're doing. If you must, use a program which does not keeps itself in memory, but which you must manually start to unblock a file. But even such programs should not be used just like that. In most cases there are reasons why files are locked and it only is very rarely a bug which keeps files locked. And in those cases, you always can simply reboot...

This post was edited on 12-26-2006 at 05:49 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2006 05:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

PS2: Don't use program like Unblocker if you're not experienced or don't know exactly what they do or what you're doing. If you must, use a program which does not keeps itself in memory, but which you must manually start to unblock a file. But even such programs should not be used just like that. In most cases there are reasons why files are locked and it only is very rarely a bug which keeps files locked. And in those cases, you always can simply reboot...
Its useful for the random crap you get and that the anti virus couldn't delete because it was in use...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-26-2006 06:13 PM
Chocolatino

Money=Motivation

31 / Male / Flag
when u say reboot u mean like full system or normal restart
12-27-2006 08:59 PM