What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » This Normal??

This Normal??
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. This Normal??
[Image: fflivekk8.jpg](Firefox)

[Image: ielivehg8.jpg](Internet Explorer 7)

Is this normal www.live.com page on Firefox?? :S:S Sorry never noticed it before.

This post was edited on 12-26-2006 at 01:51 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
12-26-2006 01:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
RE: This Normal??
some things arent enabled with firefox on the live.com side of things, for instance windows live mail has less feature in fire than in ie.

i wouldnt worry about it

:)
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
12-26-2006 01:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: This Normal??
ok then :) thanks :)
12-26-2006 01:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
PS: this is also one of the reasons why MSIE is the default/hard coded browser to open emails etc in Messenger. There is a reason why MSIE is used and why you (almost) can't change it to use your default browser...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2006 02:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: This Normal??
Yeah i dont use IE7 because it lags A LOT on my computer, i use WLMD for emails, anyway so it doesnt use Internet Explorer :)
12-26-2006 02:15 PM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
By signing into your passport will allow the default page, which is the search page, to change to your live.com home page (this includes that you have already personaiized your page). The reason why IE will direct you to your personalized home page is because the sign in itself is linked to your WLmsgr. If you are signed into WLmsgr, and when you enter Live.com, you will see that page instead of the search page. Or there's another possiblity (I'm not sure if it's true though, I tested before which is a long time ago), you set an account as your Windows's account's default e-mail address, with remember me and remember password is selected. That way you are being signed in automatically on live.com (your don't have to save your password). While other Windows Live Services are left untouched, you will still have to sign in again.
Whereas, in Firefox, live.com probably can't detect anything or the codes aren't supported. Therefore you are being directed to the search page.
To have your live.com being redirected to your personalize home page, you have to enable cookies, sign in, check remember me . That's all. save my password can left uncheck.

Note (I'm not sure if it's true, but this is what I think) that the codes for all Windows Live Services are linked to your Windows's account. It detects those e-mails accounts that are on your own Widnows's account thus seeing a row of e-mail accounts (if you have more then one account that's) when you are on the Sign in page.

As CookieRevised has said,
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: this is also one of the reasons why MSIE is the default/hard coded browser to open emails etc in Messenger. There is a reason why MSIE is used and why you (almost) can't change it to use your default browser...

This post was edited on 12-26-2006 at 03:41 PM by xJ +.
12-26-2006 02:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: